sunderland

JH

The 'Invest in Africa' sponsorship should be fun.

Mussolini tried it 70 years ago, I bet the Ethiopian arm of the charity is delighted!!!

It's not a charity, it's part of a multi-national oil company.

Wouldn't be my choice as a manager as I think there will be a fair few players who just wouldn't be keen on signing for Sunderland to play for him. As well as the numerous other reasons to turn down a move to them.

I think the biggest problem will be the fact they need to sell before they buy, they have so much shit in their side. In short term if the players react well and stay up then in the summer they have shit players who they need to sell, Sess, Johnson, Cattermole, and maybe Fletcher aside there isn't anyone there who anyone would buy. If they go down the prices of those players is going to be reduced. Maybe he will do the job short term in the honeymoon period but I think long term they are royally fucked, especially if they go down.

Di Canio had raided his old County Ground office at night to retrieve pictures from his successful 21-month spell at the club.

Swindon were forced to change the locks after Di Canio used keys he had kept following his resignation 48 hours earlier.

le cui chiavi sono queste chiavi?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2283144/Andrew-Black-Former-Swindon-boss-Paolo-Di-Canio-accident-waiting-happen.html

Conceded fewer than us, better GD than us, lost fewer games than us, only two points fewer than us.

They're in the shit and we're not, despite us having to actually play them? Hmm.

A much more important stat is two points from their last six games vs six points from our last six.

It did cross my mind yesterday that the North East clubs are generally a bit of a joke most seasons, whereas you get clubs from Manchester, Liverpool and London generally doing well most years.  We have the odd good year but plenty of years like this and the mackems are lucky if they stay up.  Shame really as I'd prefer to see 2 good North East sides in the top half than ones from Manchester, Liverpool or London any day of the week.