sunderland

JH

Chopra is the exact example of why region and allegiance shouldn't influence your opinion on whether someone is a complete prick or not.

It's very disrespectful to a team that give you a chance to play even if I do hate the fuckers

Totally, absolute shit bag behaviour from him.

Shame William hill didn't tweet him thanking him for the money.

Sunderland only really need a point tbh and will get one in next couple home games. Us however dear me

a win would certainly make them safe, and they should get that. A draw from their next two and they could be fucked.

Guest fraser

Compare and contrast Vaughan's gleeful volley for the 3-0 against us to his precise through-ball for Agbonlahor tonight. Anything could happen.

I'd be a lot more confident if one of those games was away. Just can't see them not beating either Stoke or Saints.

Two draws and that'll be them fine. Probably collude for a couple of draws.

I'd be a lot more confident if one of those games was away. Just can't see them not beating either Stoke or Saints.

Two draws and that'll be them fine. Probably collude for a couple of draws.

Assuming Southampton lose at Tottenham, if they were to lose to the mackems too then they'll go into the last day with a chance of going down (assuming Wigan get the points we expect). Might put a bit more on that game anyway.

Guest Nixon

If there's anyone you want taking you into a cup final scenario it's Paolo "I'm just waving" Di Canio. If you listen to his pre-match discourse, he talks a lot about cup finals, and how Monday was: "Like Sunderland's Champions League final."

If I was being cynical, I'd say there's an underlying belief that few if any of his players match the standard he is after. Instead of trying to compare in a more scientific way, he draws on the connotations of cup games - form going out the window, it all being about who performs on the day. Even the way they've played in the last two games (prior to tonight) has been with the mentality of a lower league side in the cup. They've had total disregard for the future or what running themselves into the ground might do.

Admittedly the running is organised, quite well in fact, but with players who aren't up the levels of peak physical fitness you can't maintain that for more than an hour at best. I'd be keen to see what his media style is like this week. He's already removed all pressure from the players by taking the blame himself (a clever move I think).

I'd expect similar cup-style comments this week, before they go out and potentially give Stoke a battle. Assuming they stay up (I think they will), the true evaluation of Di Canio will come next season. His transfer strategy was criminally poor at Swindon, he bused in almost two dozen players and ruffled a few feathers by giving preference to loan players for their trip to Wembley.

He's going to have get his transfer decisions spot on, although realistically, it wouldn't be hard to improve most positions in that side right now. Bar Rose, Mignolet, Sessegnon, Johnson (occassionally)  and Fletcher they're all quite average. 

Sunderland only really need a point tbh and will get one in next couple home games. Us however dear me

We're talking about Wigan catching us, which means probably catching them as well if they only got a point.

We're talking about Wigan catching us, which means probably catching them as well if they only got a point.

Wigan catching us would amost certainly mean they have better goal difference than us but not than the Mackems.

Di Canio on Sessegnon appeal

Sunderland boss Paolo Di Canio says the club will launch an appeal after Stephane Sessegnon was red-carded at Aston Villa.

Sessegnon was sent off 20 minutes from the end of the 6-1 defeat at Villa Park following a challenge on Yacouba Sylla.

Speaking after the game, Di Canio insisted there was no malice on the Beninese forward's part and says the club will ask the authorities to take another look at the decision.

“There was not a straight leg...it is not a bad challenge,” he explained.

“We saw the clip straight away in the dressing room. There was no intention to damage the opponent, so we are going to appeal.”

Even if we just scrape a point at West Ham, they will be shitting it against Stoke on the Monday night.

True but they have a much better goal difference than Wigan and if they scrape a draw they will be safe as Wigan will not win more than 2 more

Chopra is the exact example of why region and allegiance shouldn't influence your opinion on whether someone is a complete prick or not.

It's very disrespectful to a team that give you a chance to play even if I do hate the fuckers

Not even much of a gloat - "Hahaha, you guys fuelled my life ruining gambling addiction, joke's on you."

As someone said, "harsh but not wrong". Wont be rescinded i dont think.

Also on RTG, someone said Graham was a "typical MON sighning". A typo from him, but "sigh-ning" does describe alot of their transfers :lol:

@MsiDouglas: Journal story this morning: Pop Robson and #safc scouting network sacked. More details shortly.

Sacking your entire scouting network is a good way to boost the confidence of the players they brought in :lol: