sunderland

JH

Watch out/unlucky oldtype:

South Korea pre-season trip confirmed

Sunderland AFC will travel to South Korea as part of the club's 2012-13 pre-season preparations after being invited to participate in the prestigious Peace Cup tournament.

The Black Cats will join Seongnam and another confirmed club - German Bundesliga outfit Hamburg - for this year's competition, playing two fixtures at the Suwon World Cup Stadium (pictured) provisionally scheduled for Thursday 19th July and Sunday 22nd July.

Originally organised and held in South Korea, the invitational competition is held every two years and has been won by PSV Eindhoven, Tottenham Hotspur, Lyon and Aston Villa since its formation in 2003.

Clubs including Real Madrid, Juventus, FC Porto, LA Galaxy, Boca Juniors, Beşiktaş and Korean side Seongnam - who participate in each Peace Cup - have also featured in the competition in recent years, with Martin O'Neill the winning manager last time out when Villa were victorious in Spain in 2009.

Sunderland AFC's chief executive, Margaret Byrne, said: "Sunderland is immensely proud to be invited to participate in the Peace Cup. This tournament has a proud history involving many of the world's top clubs and for Sunderland to be considered amongst them is a huge honour for us."

"The arrival of Ji Dong-won at Sunderland has seen a truly warm partnership begin to grow develop between our football club and the Korean people. They, like us, share a genuine passion for football and we are delighted to be sharing the Sunderland vision with them."

The club's international and national marketing director, Mike Farnan, added: "The Peace Cup is a tournament known across the world and its pedigree is recognised throughout football.

"Building a global profile is a key aim of our football club and participating in this prestigious tournament could provide us with a great platform on which to build our ambitions."

I think I might go and sit in the front row in a Newcastle shirt.

what a bastard, don't leave work 'til 25th july or i'd have joined you :lol:

i went to palace vs them in the play offs when they lost 3-2 at selhurst park, wore a shearer top and showed it to their supporters bus as it went past, doing that thing where u point to your back at the name. they went nuts, police told me to put a jacket on

Sunderland AFC will travel to South Korea as part of the club's 2012-13 pre-season preparations after being invited to participate in the prestigious Peace Cup tournament.

The Black Cats will join Seongnam and another confirmed club - German Bundesliga outfit Hamburg - for this year's competition, playing two fixtures at the Suwon World Cup Stadium (pictured) provisionally scheduled for Thursday 19th July and Sunday 22nd July.

Originally organised and held in South Korea, the invitational competition is held every two years and has been won by PSV Eindhoven, Tottenham Hotspur, Lyon and Aston Villa since its formation in 2003.

Clubs including Real Madrid, Juventus, FC Porto, LA Galaxy, Boca Juniors, Beşiktaş and Korean side Seongnam - who participate in each Peace Cup - have also featured in the competition in recent years, with Martin O'Neill the winning manager last time out when Villa were victorious in Spain in 2009.

Sunderland AFC's chief executive, Margaret Byrne, said: "Sunderland is immensely proud to be invited to participate in the Peace Cup. This tournament has a proud history involving many of the world's top clubs and for Sunderland to be considered amongst them is a huge honour for us."

"The arrival of Ji Dong-won at Sunderland has seen a truly warm partnership begin to grow develop between our football club and the Korean people. They, like us, share a genuine passion for football and we are delighted to be sharing the Sunderland vision with them."

The club's international and national marketing director, Mike Farnan, added: "The Peace Cup is a tournament known across the world and its pedigree is recognised throughout football.

"Building a global profile is a key aim of our football club and participating in this prestigious tournament could provide us with a great platform on which to build our ambitions."

DO IT!

I concur!

DO IT!

I concur!

I can imagine something like this happening :

but with a load of asian mackems throwing fecal matter at him.

Okay, I've drawn up a plan in my head. I'm going to get some of the lads from the local supporters group together, we're going to be in Newcastle shirts.

I'm going to grab front row seats the second ticketing opens.

We're going to put together some sort of truly troll-worthy banner. I'll take suggestions for wording but right now I'm thinking of something along the lines of "ALWAYS IN OUR SHADOW," with a giant NUFC logo and tiny SAFC logo. (assuming I can be bothered to pay for graphics)

Then we're just going to sit there. For 90 minutes. Smiling.

Just a massive banner with FTM on it and you all sitting there in toon tops, i suggest we take it back a la Man U supporters with the 'who the fuck are man united' song. They'd fucking hate it if we started saying it as well, it's all they've got.

Should take some Tombola daubers and wave them at them.

The supreme level of wit displayed at SJP recently when a couple of sad macums waved Sports Direct bags was probably the funniest thing I've ever seen at a football match. I've hardly stopped laughing yet.

Should take some Tombola daubers and wave them at them.

The supreme level of wit displayed at SJP recently when a couple of sad macums waved Sports Direct bags was probably the funniest thing I've ever seen at a football match. I've hardly stopped laughing yet.

They are dead witty like.

On the topic of Sunderland,

Had dinner with an old friend who now works as a sportscaster at our equivalent to Sky Sports. She told me she had the opportunity to talk to Quinn, Bruce, and other Sunderland people when they were in Korea last year.

Apparently they are absolutely desperate to break into the Asian market. Quinn carries Korean-language namecards, and the club now sends her and her co-workers gifts and greeting cards (also all in Korean) for Christmas/New Years/birthdays.

Good luck with that I suppose :lol:

My mackem mate is making every effort to mention the Sports Direct Arena all the time. Basically gets it in to every football conversation.

This tends to happen every time I speak to a non-NUFC fan.

Guest Haris Vuckic

I suppose The 'Stadium of Light' has a rich and deep history.

If you're a Benfica fan.

My mackem mate is making every effort to mention the Sports Direct Arena all the time. Basically gets it in to every football conversation.

You need to remind him that Niall Quinn tried selling the naming rights to their bland new stadium for three years, but failed miserably and gave up trying.

That of course was the bland new stadium they moved into after demolishing their spiritual home of 100 years Roker Park, employing a company named O'Briens to carry out the wrecking of their traditional home. Oh what irony.