sunderland

JH

McMenemy and Carver went to the same school as me :snod:

I probably know you, also being from Fenham, and ex Cuthys.

But Im going to hide behind the internet.....

Wait. What? Special Agent McMenemy and John Carver went to St Cuthbert's? Wtf? When I was there the best footballer they could come up with from their history was Mick Mahon, and I was there when Southampton won the cup, so I would have thought it would have got a mention. Carver would have been there at the time too, although that's possible given that we're a few years apart and people I know seem to know his family. Have I misunderstood?

Guest Kevlaar

Wait. What? Special Agent McMenemy and John Carver went to St Cuthbert's? Wtf? When I was there the best footballer they could come up with from their history was Mick Mahon, and I was there when Southampton won the cup, so I would have thought it would have got a mention. Carver would have been there at the time too, although that's possible given that we're a few years apart and people I know seem to know his family. Have I misunderstood?

Nope, it's true

Mr.Stapleton was always mentioning it to us.

They've produced a few footballers in the past few years like:

Liam Noble (Carlisle)

Lee Novak (Huddersfield)

Ryan Donaldson

Nope, it's true

Bloody people hiding other people's lights under bushels as usual :lol:

Lol thier logic is outstanding over there, reckoning that buying Sigurdsson must mean that one of Ba,Cisse or Ben Arfa is on his way  :lol:

Anyone mentioned to them idiots that they play in completely different positions?  :lol:

If it is true and not just paper rubbish.

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showpost.php?p=12383950&postcount=40

I was down the beach yesterday, this mag in the surf was convinced they'd be signing Debuchy, Douglas and Martin. Reckoned they were nailed on for a top four finish, deluded (unt.

Personally, I think their luck in the transfer market will run out pretty soon, and they'll struggle to keep hold of Ba, Krul and Ben Arfa. They'll be back where they belong, lower mid-table obscurity. FTM.

Own up, who is this?  Mag in the surf!

Mr.Stapleton was always mentioning it to us.

They've produced a few footballers in the past few years like:

Liam Noble (Carlisle)

Lee Novak (Huddersfield)

Ryan Donaldson

Sorry, missed this post. Thanks for the info, I'm clearly sadly out of date, must do some catching up. :thup:

Even for a club like Sunderland where legends are so thin on the ground that an average/poor player can be granted such status for merely kissing the badge or uttering the hilarious FTM, their habit of initially sucking up to managers, chairmen and even directors, before ultimately turning on them like a rabid lynch mob is both unusual and amusing. I can think of no other set of fans who give Ferguson/Shankly/Clough type adoration to every new manager so easily and hail every new incumbent as "the one who will finally take us to the next level", before it so inevitably and predictably goes plop.

They are still clinging defiantly to the belief (assisted by the fawning media) that Marty is going to be the one to lead them to the promised land, despite a form table which shows them to be little or no better off than they were under Brucey.

"Nothing left to play for" cry the defiant fans and overly sympathetic media. Really? Half decent performances against WBA, Blackburn, Spurs, Everton, Wolves etc could have had them in 7th place. Instead another bottom half finish looks likely.

They'd do themselves a big favour if they took a slight grasp on reality and saw the flukey results they achieved during the usual "new manager surge" for what they really were and realised that the inept, heartless and tactically inept performance they witnessed at their "biggest game in decades" against Everton in the cup is probably a truer reflection of where the O'Niell revolution has taken them so far.

Even for a club like Sunderland where legends are so thin on the ground that an average/poor player can be granted such status for merely kissing the badge or uttering the hilarious FTM, their habit of initially sucking up to managers, chairmen and even directors, before ultimately turning on them like a rabid lynch mob is both unusual and amusing. I can think of no other set of fans who give Ferguson/Shankly/Clough type adoration to every new manager so easily and hail every new incumbent as "the one who will finally take us to the next level", before it so inevitably and predictably goes plop.

They are still clinging defiantly to the belief (assisted by the fawning media) that Marty is going to be the one to lead them to the promised land, despite a form table which shows them to be little or no better off than they were under Brucey.

"Nothing left to play for" cry the defiant fans and overly sympathetic media. Really? Half decent performances against WBA, Blackburn, Spurs, Everton, Wolves etc could have had them in 7th place. Instead another bottom half finish looks likely.

They'd do themselves a big favour if they took a slight grasp on reality and saw the flukey results they achieved during the usual "new manager surge" for what they really were and realised that the inept, heartless and tactically inept performance they witnessed at their "biggest game in decades" against Everton in the cup is probably a truer reflection of where the O'Niell revolution has taken them so far.

*End thread.

Geez, the following thread just hammers home how s*** they are and have been, a few of them have listed their best XI in the Premiership, here is one example of the level of shitness

Chris turner

Mickey grey

John oshea

Shaun Elliott

Daruis kubicki

Claudio Reyna

Gavin McCann

Kevin phillps or lord Rowell

Naill quiinn

Alan brown ( the easington express )

James McLean

Read more: http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=692740#ixzz1sPKCTuVI

Guest Loven11

how do you think your best 11 would do against this 11.

Given

Barton

Woodgate

Colocinni

Enrique

Ginola

Gascgoine

Lee

Beardsley

Shearer

Ferdinand

The reply to that :

Given-Could also go in our top 11

Barton-If you mean Warren

Woodgate-Injured in the warm up

Colocinni-Had 1 alright season

Enrique-Hasn't got the vocals his dad had

Ginola-Advertised shampoo says it all

Gascgoine-Far too busy fishing trolleys out the tyne

Lee-ROBERT LEE???!

Beardsley-Ugly as f*ck

Shearer-The one who won trophies at Blackburn?

Ferdinand-Not as good as his brother

Fecking muppets.

There's a thread on the RTG site about free school tickets which confirms they are dishing them out as far north as Edinburgh.

Is there no geographic limit to their desperation ?

Have they completely lost any remaining dignity they had ?