sunderland

JH

I must admit I've never met any Mackems that carry on anywhere near the level as those troglodytes that post on Ready To Go. The worst case I've ever encountered had to be somebody that I worked with who actually changed his middle name to "Roker Park."

I must admit I've never met any Mackems that carry on anywhere near the level as those troglodytes that post on Ready To Go. The worst case I've ever encountered had to be somebody that I worked with who actually changed his middle name to "Roker Park."

:thup: I never used to encounter many when I was in Newcastle but the ones down in London have been really normal. :lol:

Not James Roker Park Richardson I hope?!

Not James Roker Park Richardson I hope?!

Nah.

That's why Sessegnon is linked with Man City, Arsenal and Tottenham and Ben Failure is linked with no fucker.

It's hurting you. Really hurting you.

"Ben Failure".... "Really hurting you"

It’s long since passed the point where I no longer know which RTG poster is a p*ss-take and which is serious…they’re all so f*cking hilarious!

I’m going for Wireside and that ‘Mackemdom’ fella as parody posters…..surely?? If not - yeesh, seek counselling.

Whenever Sunderland is mentioned to anyone abroad or outside the region the normal reaction is "ugh" before having to point out that it is close to Newcastle, and with once again thousands of music fans heading to "Newcastle" for a gig before realising they will have to make a further short but arduous journey to a soulless plastic arena in an unwelcoming wasteland, perhaps it is time to consider disbanding the city of Sunderland and it being incorporated as a suburb of Newcastle ?

Apart from the economic and political advantages of finally living in a place people have heard of, there would be countless other advantages for the people of Sunderland too. They would finally have an identity, having craved one so desperately that they adopted an expression once used by Geordies to insult them. They would at last have an airport and a mainline railway station not to mention shops, cultural and leisure attractions.

The SOL could become a dedicated music venue, perhaps renamed the "South Newcastle McCains Cheesy Chip Rock Arena" - a mouthful I know - but less embarrassing than stealing the name of a stadium in Portugal. This would relieve the football club of the futile task of ever trying to fill the stadium when Newcastle aren't playing there and they could ground share with Gateshead. Tyneside would then have three professional clubs, one each in the big, medium and small categories. There would be minimal inconvenience to their fans as most would find travelling to Tyneside easier and the drug addled illiterates who presently populate Sunderland seem to have little interest in their club anyway.

While it seems that all the advantages of the proposal would be for Sunderland, and Newcastle would gain very little, at least the citizens of places like Walker,Benwell and Scotswood would no longer carry the stigma of living in the city's most depressed socio-economic suburbs so they would be getting something back.

Whenever Sunderland is mentioned to anyone abroad or outside the region the normal reaction is "ugh" before having to point out that it is close to Newcastle, and with once again thousands of music fans heading to "Newcastle" for a gig before realising they will have to make a further short but arduous journey to a soulless plastic arena in an unwelcoming wasteland, perhaps it is time to consider disbanding the city of Sunderland and it being incorporated as a suburb of Newcastle ?

Apart from the economic and political advantages of finally living in a place people have heard of, there would be countless other advantages for the people of Sunderland too. They would finally have an identity, having craved one so desperately that they adopted an expression once used by Geordies to insult them. They would at last have an airport and a mainline railway station not to mention shops, cultural and leisure attractions.

The SOL could become a dedicated music venue, perhaps renamed the "South Newcastle McCains Cheesy Chip Rock Arena" - a mouthful I know - but less embarrassing than stealing the name of a stadium in Portugal. This would relieve the football club of the futile task of ever trying to fill the stadium when Newcastle aren't playing there and they could ground share with Gateshead. Tyneside would then have three professional clubs, one each in the big, medium and small categories. There would be minimal inconvenience to their fans as most would find travelling to Tyneside easier and the drug addled illiterates who presently populate Sunderland seem to have little interest in their club anyway.

While it seems that all the advantages of the proposal would be for Sunderland, and Newcastle would gain very little, at least the citizens of places like Walker,Benwell and Scotswood would no longer carry the stigma of living in the city's most depressed socio-economic suburbs so they would be getting something back.

:D brilliant