sunderland

JH

With an identity as a national laughing stock, aye. Every third-rate comedian has the thick, sentimental "jawdee" character getting worked up over nothing as a fall-back for a cheap laugh. Your "identity" is on a par with the boring Brummie and the thieving Scouser- fat, pastie-munching mags hanging around that big grey eyesore like flies around s***, spouting incomprehensible twaddle about "wor beloved toon". That's your identity to most people. You must be so proud.

What actually hurts us is that our accents are the same as yours to people outside the area and we get lumped in with you. It hurts to be associated in any way with the kind of people who hold mock funerals for the name of a football ground, who proclaim themselves a "nation" like the Catalan people and can't see how ridiculous that is, people who think they're living in some cultural oasis because woah, there's a big shopping centre over the water and a gallery with nowt of any worth in it... and f*** me if there's not a regional airport close by, there's a thing.

More than anything else, Newcastle United and its supporters have held back the North East as a region by sullying its image for outsiders. A region of hard-working, down to earth people who can laugh at themselves has been hijacked over the last 20 years by sanctimonious, humourless, pretentious bores droning on and on about their f***ing heritage and their "geordie pride". In your determination to prove that you're the bestest, loyalest, cushtiest fans in all the world, you just give the world the impression that you have got absolutely nothing in your lives, that the only thing that can light up the darkness of your Cruddas Park grief-holes is the chance to weeble about the place dressed like giant mint humbugs grunting, "toon toon black and white army" even though you're on the bus and it's Thursday morning. We hate you because you embarrass us and you embarrass the whole region. Now f*** off.

Read more: http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=677510&page=16#ixzz1nm8P6Hs0

:mince:

Saw that last night.... thats one massive cheesy chip on his shoulder, like.  ;D

i wonder if he sees his fellow mackems the way everyone else sees them,as an arsenal fan i spoke to recently described them "the place and the people are a more northerly stoke" before saying they spend the weekend in newcastle when they play them, go to sunderland as late as possible and leave as soon as possible.

Heard many other club' fans say the same thing, yet they consider Newcastle a top away day.

Strange but most neutrals I've spoken to around the UK and further afield view Newcastle as a top city and destination, whereas on the off chance they know anything about sunderland, it's seen as depressed and populated by strange narrow minded people, like a big overgrown council estate with no centre or anything of note. Our airport (international code NCL) really seems to get to them too for some strange reason.

Author of that piece sounds a bit of a smartarse but more essentially a liar.

Arsenal fans I know said the same thing. They stayed in Newcastle and didn't want to wait for the Metro after the game so go taxis back to Newcastle asap.

Also said they thought my slating of Sunderland before they travelled up was funny but now realise I was being serious (well partly) and they hate Sunderland now too :lol:

Said there were big groups of charvers looking for fights after the games (played them twice in two weeks) and were going up to people trying to find out if they were Arsenal fans.

Arsenal fans I know said the same thing. They stayed in Newcastle and didn't want to wait for the Metro after the game so go taxis back to Newcastle asap.

Also said they thought my slating of Sunderland before they travelled up was funny but now realise I was being serious (well partly) and they hate Sunderland now too :lol:

Said there were big groups of charvers looking for fights after the games (played them twice in two weeks) and were going up to people trying to find out if they were Arsenal fans.

town stuck in the 80s.

true story.

True Faith ripping into Len Shackleton today. :yao:

Wasn't he one of ours as well?

Aye.

Vaguely remember reading about him in a book about our heroes. Amazing winger if my memory serves.

Inside forward (like "in the hole"). Scored 6 on his debut for us :thup: but was at blunderland a lot longer after us. Was from Bradford I think so no loyalties either way. Meant to have been brilliant but a workieticket.

Basically became a Billy Big Bollocks after some success with NUFC and flounced off to the Mackems after we refused to hike his wages. Comically, he missed out in our golden era of the 50s. He went on to make some jokes.

Basically became a Billy Big Bollocks after some success with NUFC and flounced off to the Mackems after we refused to hike his wages. Comically, he missed out in our golden era of the 50s. He went on to make some jokes.

Thought they had that disgraceful maximum wage thingy back then. Not that there weren't ways round it of course.

Just looked at his wiki entry and it looks like mackem work tbh. Meh, I dunno.  :undecided:

Love how so many mackems are proud of what their players have done at previous clubs. jsdftm04 on SMB' siggy for example reads:

Wesley Brown: Premier League (5), FA Cup (2), Football League Cup (3), FA Community Shield (4), UEFA Champions League (2).

Seriously, who gives a fuck about past achievements of their players? When Geremi was putting in one of the most pathetic performances ive ever seen in a toon shirt at Scunthorpe, I wasn't standing their beaming with pride at having him because he'd won the Champions League. Nicky Butt as well, won the Champions League but was shite! haha. Mackems man!

Love how so many mackems are proud of what their players have done at previous clubs. jsdftm04 on SMB' siggy for example reads:

Wesley Brown: Premier League (5), FA Cup (2), Football League Cup (3), FA Community Shield (4), UEFA Champions League (2).

Seriously, who gives a f*** about past achievements of their players? When Geremi was putting in one of the most pathetic performances ive ever seen in a toon shirt at Scunthorpe, I wasn't standing their beaming with pride at having him because he'd won the Champions League. Nicky Butt as well, won the Champions League but was s****! haha. Mackems man!

Lyon

Ligue 1 (4): 2004–05, 2005–06, 2006–07, 2007–08

Coupe de France (1): 2007–08

Trophée des champions (2): 2005–06, 2006–07

Marseille

Ligue 1 (1): 2009–10

Coupe de la Ligue (1): 2009–10

France

UEFA European Under-17 Football Championship (1): 2004

Individual

UNFP Young Player of the Year (1): 2007–08

UNFP Player of the Month (1): February 2010

PREWD AS PUNCH ME BONNY LAD  :smitten:! FTM!

#2 They were Bobby Robson's biggest and loyalist supporters.

In fact they booed him, hounded him out, and spat on him.

Read more: http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=678019#ixzz1nolRU8xY

:lol:

obviously, they all respected him even though he was a Mag and never once sang a chant that mentioned that it was 'a wonderful way to spend Saturday, watching Bobby Robson pass away'.

#2 They were Bobby Robson's biggest and loyalist supporters.

In fact they booed him, hounded him out, and spat on him.

Read more: http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=678019#ixzz1nolRU8xY

:lol:

obviously, they all respected him even though he was a Mag and never once sang a chant that mentioned that it was 'a wonderful way to spend Saturday, watching Bobby Robson pass away'.

:sadnod: The way they try to score points with regards Sir Bobby is sickening, especially considering the treatment he got from them whilst in charge of us.

Guest BooBoo

Kevin Ball: "plodding hammer thrower "now ripped by TF. God knows what's going to happen on Wearside when they get round to Quinn.

Oh and the mackem pronunciation of Ruben Agboola. That is all, good night.

Think i have a new sig:

I hate the fact you go on about Newcastle in relation to Sunderland like you're the hub of everything in the North East when WE'RE THE BIGGEST CITY IN THE NORTH EAST. LOOK IT UP COCKGOBBLER.

I HATE YOU ALL SO MUCH.

I HOPE YOU ALL PERISH.

I HOPE YOUR CITY BURNS.

I HOPE YOUR CROPS FAIL

I HOPE THE SPORTS DIRECT ARENA CRUMBLES TO THE GROUND AND IM STOOD ON TOP OF THE CONCRETE HAVING A SLASH AS YOU ALL MOAN FOR FORGIVENESS.

I HOPE THAT YOUR WOMEN ALL GET HERPES.

I HOPE YOU ALL JUST FUCK OFF AND GET FUCKED AND GO FUCK YOURSELF YOU HORRIBLE FUCKING FUCKHEADS.