sunderland

JH

Guest johnson293

Aye, it's the same. I'm sure they can recount the whole 90 minutes of that fateful game in 1908 like it was yesterday.

They all have it on DVD.

A couple of friends from down south were visiting Newcastle for the first time last weekend.  We also found ourselves in Sunderland for an evening.  They said Newcastle was one of the best cities they'd ever been to, while Sunderland was genuinely the worst place they'd ever been in their lives.  Half the city centre seemed to be boarded up!

So no matter what happens, no matter who wins or loses it's pointless as its all in the past.

Why bother ? Or maybe their new reason for dwindling crowds is just that form of existential angst. The recession, dead people, the Irish, games in pubs and the writings of Sartre and Kierkegaard.

They have a thread on "taking" the Strawberry years ago.

Fucking idiots man.

yet on the same board they constantly harp on about being a race of people who are The Paradigm of Integrity. And we are the baddies.  It cant work both ways can it? they can brag about wrecking pubs, but are really nice people. mentalists more like.

Wait, they hand out rape whistles to new students at Sunderland uni?

its no wonder bo shambles makes so many mistakes on a football pitch.

I thought they only had pretend rapists there.

They weren't / aren't exactly rape whistles but compressed air alarms that they give out to all students as there was a high number of students being assaulted in the streets, especially foreign students.  It's just a town described by Bill Hicks all those years ago 'Look's like we've got us a reader here.  We don't like readers in these here parts'.

Random thought of the day: one thing I've heard these past few years on quite a few occasions is that a night out at Sunderland Uni's union can be a good one.....

members of the public wont be allowed in

Guest Craig-NUFC

You'd be wrong. It's only ever busy during freshers. It's about a 20 minute (when drunk) walk from the city centre, so no one bothers. In the last 4 years it has had 3 owners and various attempts to rebrand.

You'd be wrong. It's only ever busy during freshers. It's about a 20 minute (when drunk) walk from the city centre, so no one bothers. In the last 4 years it has had 3 owners and various attempts to rebrand.

Ah, I see.

Well then, that's pretty much stopped me from ever thinking about going now!

mackem at work complaining the other day:

I've got to tell you, I'm fed up with the excuses women come out with to avoid sex!!

"I'm washing my hair"

"I'm tired"

"I've got an headache"

"I'm your sister..."

The list just goes on!!

Random thought of the day: one thing I've heard these past few years on quite a few occasions is that, a night out at Sunderland Uni's union can be a good one.....

It's not. It used to be okay when it was Manor Quay and was a glorified music venue but since then it's underwent numerous rebrands and the prices have went through the roof.

Aye, it's the same. I'm sure they can recount the whole 90 minutes of that fateful game in 1908 like it was yesterday.

Actually, I dont even think it was 90mins. Im sure I read somewhere that the game was abandoned, but more than 75mins was played.

(Needs to be verified)

I read it was in the days before team managers. team selection was by comitee. a comitee that was very freindly with the safc comittee, and that they did them a favour as we were looking comfortable league winners.

Guest johnson293

Actually, I dont even think it was 90mins. Im sure I read somewhere that the game was abandoned, but more than 75mins was played.

(Needs to be verified)

Well, the legend is that they (sunderland) 'declared' at 75 mins or so, as it got to 9-1, as they felt sorry for us.

:rolleyes:

Random thought of the day: one thing I've heard these past few years on quite a few occasions is that, a night out at Sunderland Uni's union can be a good one.....

It's not. It used to be okay when it was Manor Quay and was a glorified music venue but since then it's underwent numerous rebrands and the prices have went through the roof.

Well this and Craig-NUFC's post has destroyed the myth then!

(Needs to be verified)

Well, the legend is that they (sunderland) 'declared' at 75 mins or so, as it got to 9-1, as they felt sorry for us.

:rolleyes:

Classy club, even back then.