sunderland

JH

Guest Heneage

Buzzing. And still, we're concentrating too much about how we lost two points - not been nearly enough Mackem-baiting. They must be f***ing GUTTED after that. :lol:

Har har har har.

They've won so few derbies that today must be making them feel sick.

Hopefully this'll be their best chance in a while to beat us. Imagine a few clubs sniffing around Sessegnon and possibly Campbell if he can keep up his form. They'll need a big finish to keep hold of them, you'd think.

Martin O'Neill admits Lee Cattermole's red card was 'merited' after the Sunderland captain was punished after the final whistle in the 1-1 draw at Newcastle United.

Cattermole was shown a straight red card at full-time by referee Mike Dean after being deemed to have used foul and abusive language.

The midfielder had been booked inside the opening minute of the game at St James' Park following a challenge on Cheick Tiote and it was his 10th yellow card of the season.

Black Cats boss O'Neill did not quibble with Cattermole's red card, but did question whether Tiote should also still have been on the pitch after the Newcastle midfielder committed a string of fouls.

Mitigating circumstances

"I have gone in to see the referee and you can't be abusing the referee and therefore it has to be merited," O'Neill told ESPN.

"I have gone in to see the referee and you can't be abusing the referee and therefore it has to be merited."

Martin O'Neill

Quotes of the week

"There were plenty of mitigating circumstances though. Tiote is a fine player but he was very lucky still to be on the field."

Sunderland had led at the home of their arch-rivals through Nicklas Bendtner's first-half penalty after Michael Turner had been fouled by Mike Williamson.

However, Stephane Sessegnon was sent off on 58 minutes for catching Tiote in the face and O'Neill had no complaints with that decision.

He added: "It's a sending-off offence and it hands the initiative to the opposition."

Visiting keeper Simon Mignolet then saved Demba Ba's penalty before an injury-time equaliser from substitute Shola Ameobi left O'Neill frustrated.

"I am very proud of the team and very disappointed to have dropped the points so late in the game," said O'Neill.

"We played brilliantly first half and deserved to be in front. But it is difficult to win a game with 10 men. We defended resolutely and it was a terrific effort."

Guest bimpy474

Why exactly was Tiote lucky to be on the field?

And why is MON using that as an excuse for Cuntermoles red card, absolute helmetcheese him.

I hate everything to do with that horrible, pathetic little shithole of a football club and a 'city'. Fucking vile supporters and staff. Hate them so much, I hope they were sick to the pits of their stomachs after Shola's goal.

Guest Wally_McFool

Love the couple of "Class" threads on their forum.

Their selective memories and their amazing ability to forget the classless things mackems have done in the past is staggering.

Well, they'll have shite patter for at least a few months now.

4 points and finishing above them.

They're left with their:

1) Classy club

2) Next year = best squad in 60 years [this year was best in 50, last year was best squad in 40 - and we seem to finish higher the better squad they have, they keep improving and we might get some silverware!]

3) 9-1 from 1732

4) "finished above yous fer tha lasst three yeerz"