sunderland

JH

Just had a mackem in my house to measure something up for us that we want to buy.

He saw my sons bedroom full of NUFC stuff and said that I should get him to support a proper team.........  So we bagan a reasonably good natured bant and he came out with the classic that DiCanio is the manager for them, he never liked O'Neil at all but, DiCanio is going to take them places....

He gave me the quote and I politely said that we would not be buying his product!

Rattled marra. Did he shed tears of blue Panda pop?

With Rose, Mignolet and Sessegnon gone, is there anything left? Lots of Italian-based players, the majority of whom dont normally adapt to the Premier League.

Their new signings best be good. Our combined XI is going to be shit otherwise without those three.

Made a £7m bid for an Inter player with two Christian names apparently.

Someone called Alfred Duncan. Never heard of him but he's just spent time with Livorno.

Di Canio is throwing the money away, its class :lol:

Made a £7m bid for an Inter player with two Christian names apparently.

Someone called Alfred Duncan. Never heard of him but he's just spent time with Livorno.

Di Canio is throwing the money away, its class :lol:

I take it their new DoF has some Livorno connection.

Hopefully they'll get a few Gianluca Nanni/Savio Nsereko signings.

Guest Nixon

An Italian DoF is a terrible idea. The annual transfer carousel over there is ridiculous. Higher turnover than Tesco checkout workers.

True Angeloni at least arrives with a good pedigree from Udinese. His time at Inter was pretty terrible, but there's always a fall guy at Inter.

Don't Italians normally struggle in the Premier League? Whilst we've had Zola, Di Canio and Carbone there's also been Bianchi, Aquilani, Grabbi, Corradi, Maccarone, Silenzi and Berti. I guess Santon has done alright.

Don't Italians normally struggle in the Premier League? Whilst we've had Zola, Di Canio and Carbone there's also been Bianchi, Aquilani, Grabbi, Corradi, Maccarone, Silenzi and Berti. I guess Santon has done alright.

None of the players they've signed or been linked to are Italian.

What are they thinking? Talk this morning that Mignolet and Sessesgnon will be sold for a combined 15m. Add in not having Rose this season and they'll have lost 3 of their 4 decent players.

And then they'll replace them all with a load of average Italians.

I think that's a good deal for the Mackems. Mignolet is overrated and Westwood is one hell of a replacement.

Have to say I haven't seen that much of Westwood, but Mignolet essentially saved their bacon last season. What makes you say Westwood would be able to adequately replace him?

I think that's a good deal for the Mackems. Mignolet is overrated and Westwood is one hell of a replacement.

Have to say I haven't seen that much of Westwood, but Mignolet essentially saved their bacon last season. What makes you say Westwood would be able to adequately replace him?

Definitely. Mignolet was the difference between them staying up and being relegated last season.

Seen Westwood mostly for Ireland and he's competent to good but hardly outstanding and I'd say Mingolet is a good deal better but Westwood won't let them down