sunderland

JH

Apparently for goal difference sake - regarding the 1-9 - they may as well have won 1-0 as average goal difference was used but that's always confused me. 

Average Goal Difference?  How the f*** did that work? :lol:

Exactly. :lol:

Games played vs goals scored/conceded I think.

Pretty simple.

Goal difference v. goal average[edit]

The different schemes can lead to strikingly different results. With the following matches:

Team A 3–0 Team B

Team B 6–0 Team C

Team A 0–1 Team C

Under goal average, Team A would win:

Team Pts Pld W D L F A GA

Team A 3 2 1 0 1 3 1 3

Team B 3 2 1 0 1 6 3 2

Team C 3 2 1 0 1 1 6 0.1667

Under goal difference, Team B would win:

Team Pts Pld W D L F A GD

Team B 3 2 1 0 1 6 3 +3

Team A 3 2 1 0 1 3 1 +2

Team C 3 2 1 0 1 1 6 −5

Goal average was replaced by goal difference due to the former's encouragement of lower-scoring games. For example, a team that scores 70 while allowing 40 would have a lesser goal average (1.750) versus another team that scores 69 while allowing 39 (1.769).

Their signings/links are weird. Not seen anything of Ba, Roberge or Cabral but the Serie A links - Diakite, Biabiany, Cavanda, Paulinho - are all very ordinary with Diakite the pick of the bunch. Quite a scattergun approach to signing players, you can tell they've got an Italian DoF/scouting system in place.

Seem to be signings lots of strong, fast and athletic players though which improves chances of being a success in England and something their side desperately lacks.

Mate of mine works in Doxford Park and apparently they've been (trying to) give away free tickets for Bon Jovi all day as ticket sales have been so poor... bit of a pisser for them who paid full whack for theirs mind. Though to be fair..... Bon Jovi? Is it 1992 again?

I hope the promoters don't pull the pink piggery from their tour circuits, Newcastle hotels must do well once both sunderland's hotels are full.

Heard the same they've had to give loads of tickets away. Pretty much standard for the SoS really, but if the rock concerts aren't now filling the place then NUFC are the only show on the planet that fills the place anymore. 

Mind it was rumoured they even had to dish out freebies to fill the derby game last season. Joke club.

Mate of mine works in Doxford Park and apparently they've been (trying to) give away free tickets for Bon Jovi all day as ticket sales have been so poor... bit of a pisser for them who paid full whack for theirs mind. Though to be fair..... Bon Jovi? Is it 1992 again?

I hope the promoters don't pull the pink piggery from their tour circuits, Newcastle hotels must do well once both sunderland's hotels are full.

Heard the same they've had to give loads of tickets away. Pretty much standard for the SoS really, but if the rock concerts aren't now filling the place then NUFC are the only show on the planet that fills the place anymore. 

Mind it was rumoured they even had to dish out freebies to fill the derby game last season. Joke club.

People were getting tickets in the post without even asking for them man :lol:

I went to see Bon Jovi. The atmosphere was dead (it was decent for a couple of their final songs), one of the people I went with is a massive Bon Jovi fan and she said it's the worst atmosphere she had been too, and she's been to hundreds of their gigs. Stadiums shouldn't host music concerts, the atmosphere just isn't there. My sister won tickets, thats I how went and when they went to pick them up today apparently loads were just getting handed over for nothing. To make matters worse we got up and close to them in a little area in front of the crowd, only gold ticket holders were allowed to do this (at least £100 per ticket) and we and loads of others were allowed in despite not being gold tickets holders.

Similar things have been said about other concerts they have held there and even at SJP when we done it under the Shepard years, in my opinion it just re-enforces the need for the arena to be rebuilt to at least a 20k capacity for concerts.

Their signings/links are weird. Not seen anything of Ba, Roberge or Cabral but the Serie A links - Diakite, Biabiany, Cavanda, Paulinho - are all very ordinary with Diakite the pick of the bunch. Quite a scattergun approach to signing players, you can tell they've got an Italian DoF/scouting system in place.

Seem to be signings lots of strong, fast and athletic players though which improves chances of being a success in England and something their side desperately lacks.

I think Di Canio will do quite well at Sunderland (midtable) at least for a season or two until he burns himself out. The problem with Sunderland is that they currently have the most nonathletic, lazy, and unfit side in the entire league. They also have a manager who sets his team to play aggressive, fast, athletic football. Their recruitment and training under O'Neill was quite literally a joke, and the players it has left are not a match at all. So essentially, he has to identify who he wants to keep from the current rubbish and build the rest of the squad from scratch. Signing fast, strong players on free transfers and for low fees allows them to build a base and potentially buy a few bigger names to complete the team with the transfer funds or the funds from the inevitable sales.

That being said, it is a very risky strategy, and it is Sunderland, so things will eventually end up with them being rubbish.

"I don't allow any plastic Mags in, by that I mean Keagan-ites. They are fans who have only supported Newcastle since 1993."

So basically nobody under about 30 then?  More likely the child protection police are forcing that on him tbh.  Saved a bit of face with the plastic mags guff though, the massive nonce.

Just had a mackem in my house to measure something up for us that we want to buy.

He saw my sons bedroom full of NUFC stuff and said that I should get him to support a proper team.........  So we bagan a reasonably good natured bant and he came out with the classic that DiCanio is the manager for them, he never liked O'Neil at all but, DiCanio is going to take them places....

He gave me the quote and I politely said that we would not be buying his product!