sunderland

JH

And as sure as night follows day:

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=785178

The speed at which Benito DiCanio has the red and white hordes massing behind him is frightening. Only 7 games in and they're frothing at the gash at any criticism of il Duce.

It's almost as if a charismatic father figure has infiltrated the vulnerable minds of a downtrodden populace and trained their brains to mindlessly follow him en masse, blindly hating those who oppose his dictat. I'm sure there's a word (and a salute) for that...

Thing is it's really nothing new for them. Keane, Bruce, O'Neill were all worshipped like demigods initially before the rabble inevitably turn on them. It even extends to chairmen, coaches etc, Quinn, Short, Ball. Really strange behaviour and almost uniquely macum in character.

Even the odd one who attains an education and escapes the wretched shackles of Wearyside seems unable to rise above it. "Wheeze Keeyze"  in her role as a journalist for a left leaning newspaper seems unable to resist fawning over successive managerial incumbents, even a self confessed fascist.

I guess spending their existence in the permanent shadow of their "big club" neighbours makes them welcome any kind of attention and interest, however negative.

Guest Haris Vuckic

I've always rated Westwood. I think they'll be fine.

I dunno - Mingnolet has kept them in a few games this year - he had a blinder in the derby too.

Guest palnese

Mignolet was probably the best keeper in the league last season. It won't be an easy task replacing him.

Guest neesy111

Aye, Mingolet was the best GK in the league for me.  He was the probably the difference in keeping them up.

Seem to be spending 7.5m Euro on a Serie B striker.

Which player?

Paulinho from Livorno.

It'll be weird for him going from a proud left wing club which has a huge, often violent rivalry with Lazio to a side ran by Mussolini.

After looking up Livorno (didn't know much about them, and any left wing clubs are cool with me), turns out he did the fascist salute playing against them for Lazio.

what the.....?

Teaser apparently

http://www.football-shirts.co.uk/fans/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/20130606-192245.jpg

:kasper:

What am i missing?

Please god tell me they've made a black away strip.  'Paolo's Blackshirts' would be too funny.

Appropriate surname.

Love that he felt the need to explain himself :lol: "Stick another finger up and you'll get 3. Yeah...3-0...we beat you...yeah..." :lol:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/premier-league/10086273/Premier-League-2013-14-what-wont-happen-next-season.html

In the early hours of the morning, United Nations special forces storm Sunderland’s Academy of Light training ground and liberate all 38 footballers imprisoned inside.  After a stand-off, manager Paolo di Canio is finally apprehended at Durham Tees Valley Airport, trying to board a flight to Mexico. A costly show trial follows at The Hague, where the full scale of the atrocities committed by Di Canio and his henchmen is revealed: 6am starts, all-night video analysis sessions, 15-mile runs in the freezing cold and brandings for lateness. Di Canio is convicted on multiple charges of crimes against footballer comfort, and sentenced to 25 more years as Sunderland manager.