Europa League 2012/13 - Benfica 1 - 2 Chelsea

MKSC
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So as it stands we've all got to be cheering Chelsea on in the CL, and Chelsea and Liverpool on in the cup semis. What the fuck did we do to deserve this? :lol:

Wanting chelsea to win in the cups, lose in the league. 5th is possible (sort of).

This is way too complicated, lets just gan for 4th.

That's a point. What does actually happen if we finish 4th?

Depends if Bilbao win the Copa Del Rey.

What about the Copa Italia? I take it that comes into play? Depending who's runners up there?

This is way too complicated, lets just gan for 4th.

That's a point. What does actually happen if we finish 4th?

Depends if Bilbao win the Copa Del Rey.

What about the Copa Italia? I take it that comes into play? Depending who's runners up there?

I'm led to believe if the runners up have an N in their name, Newcastle will be fine to enter the Bundesliga next year. If not, it's Conference North.

Good to hear. :thup:

Imagine if the Mackems do get to the final, which hopefully they won't, but get beat by Chelsea (obviously assuming Chelsea don't overtake Spurs); would be hilarious considering they all currently believe a cup final guarantees they'll finally make it to Europe. :lol:

I'd hope that if the stars align and we make it into Europe then Mike will be thinking "Fackin' hell, think of all them forrins seeing me Sports Direct logo on the Auntie Nelly" and invest in the team to keep us in the competition and on the box for as many rounds as possible.

I'd hope that if the stars align and we make it into Europe then Mike will be thinking "Fackin' hell, think of all them forrins seeing me Sports Direct logo on the Auntie Nelly" and invest in the team to keep us in the competition and on the box for as many rounds as possible.

That's the only positive I took from the stadium rebranding. If he's willing to forgo all the possible advertising revenue to promote his brand, we're going to have to get a lot of exposure for it to be worth it to him. Plus everyone in this country is already well aware of Sports Direct (and over here the stadium will remain  known almost unanimously as SJP) and what it offers, I think the aim of it is to promote Sports Direct abroad, and if he wants to do this successfully European football will help massively.

Jesus, imagine if the mackems clawed their way to the FA Cup final, qualifying for Europe at our expense. I think I'd combust with rage.

Best not to think about such a scenario.

As long as we don't fuck this up, that's a very probable yes? I've honestly not kept up with the amount of eventualities in this thread lately (fuck that :yao:) so I don't know if that 'winner in CL/Europa League' part still makes a difference.

In short, we support Liverpool a fortnight on Saturday, if they win, happy days and we can stop worrying about the cup goings on, if they lose we need to hope Chelsea knock out Spurs and then beat Everton in the final.

YNWA. J4T96. Mr Suarez is not a racist. 

:anguish: :icon_puke_r:

In short, we support Liverpool a fortnight on Saturday, if they win, happy days and we can stop worrying about the cup goings on, if they lose we need to hope Chelsea knock out Spurs and then beat Everton in the final.

If Chelsea finish 5th, they're in the Europa League regardless. So if they were 5th and it was a Chelsea v Everton final, we'd get the European spot from the FA Cup, non?

Fwiw, ideal scenario is you just finish 5th and we win the damn thing.

If Chelsea finish 5th, they're in the Europa League regardless. So if they were 5th and it was a Chelsea v Everton final, we'd get the European spot from the FA Cup, non?

Groundhog day, but no. :lol:

In terms of Europa league qualification FA Cup takes precedence over league and you qualify for a later stage if you qualify through the cup, therefore Chelsea would take the FA Cup spot and the league position would be passed onto sixth if they finished fifth. Although obviously, yes, ideally we would just finish above Chelsea.

4th. You mean 4th. :shifty: