Europa League 2012/13 - Benfica 1 - 2 Chelsea

MKSC
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I don't want us to scrape through. I don't want us to fear any teams going into the next round. Be it Napoli or Dnipro, I want us to play as well as we can. If we do, we can see off pretty much any team in this competition on our day.

Long way to go though.

The stronger team we draw, the stronger team we put out. There's only a handful of teams I'd give us no chance against. I think we've got just as much chance against someone like Plzen as we would have against Bayer Leverkusen or whatever due to the strength of team we'd play.

The main thing is being seeded that you're at home 2nd leg aside from that the strength of teams currently looks much of a muchness plus with regard to ON's point about what type of team we put out, I think the FAC will also effect this, if we're out we'll probably put a stronger team out too.

How are Leverkusen these days? Can't remember seeing them play for a good while.

Currently 5th in the BL (same place as they finished last season), got a couple of wunderkinds in Lars Bender and Andre Schurrle.

Looking at the seeded and unseeded teams i don't see a great deal of difference between the two tbh and arguably unseeded has stronger teams and Atletico are currently unseeded too.

2nd might be a blessing in disguise.

http://images.icnetwork.co.uk/upl/sundaysun/apr2012/0/2/alan-pardew-479738255.jpg

Last 32 so far:

Seeded

Lazio

Рубин Kazan

Металіст Kharkiv

Fenerbahce

Lyon

Дніпро Dnipropetrovsk

Olympiakos

Chelsea

CFR Cluj-Napoca

Benfica

Bordeaux

Liverpool

Plzen

Steaua Bucaresti

Hannover 96

Genk

Unseeded

Tottenham Hotspurs

Inter Milan

Napoli

Sparta Prague

Bayer Leverkusen

Borussia Mönchengladbach

Ajax

Динамо Kiev

BATE Borisov

Зенит Saint Petersburg

Newcastle United

Анжи Makhachkala

Atletico Madrid

VFB Stuttgart

Levante

Basel or Videoton

There is just no need for the group stage in this mind. Champions League you can see why they have it, at a push. This is rubbish though. :lol:

The 2003-4 campaign was enjoyable. Two legs, bigger crowds, better atmospheres, stronger team selections. This has been a damp squib. Hopefully it starts properly in the New Year.