Europa League 2012/13 - Benfica 1 - 2 Chelsea

MKSC
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

They only beat Liverpool 1-0 over there and this was Liverpool's team:

01 Jones

16 Coates

23 Carragher

38 Flanagan

47 Wisdom

10 Cole (Assaidi - 77' )

14 Henderson

19 Downing

33 Shelvey Booked

35 Coady (Suso - 61' )

50 Morgan (Pacheco - 61' )

It's winnable!

Yes but how strong was there team though?  they could have had half there reserves out as well.

Haven't they just signed that Willian from Shakhtar Donetsk in January?

He's the one that worries me as their results and performances in Europe compared to the group stage seem a lot better since he arrived.

Not to mention his performances for Shakhtar in the CL are there for all to see.

01 Jones

16 Coates

23 Carragher

38 Flanagan

47 Wisdom

10 Cole (Assaidi - 77' )

14 Henderson

19 Downing

33 Shelvey Booked

35 Coady (Suso - 61' )

It's winnable!

Yes but how strong was there team though?  they could have had half there reserves out as well.

Haven't they just signed that Willian from Shakhtar Donetsk in January?

Yes...

Think a lot of people are underestimating this Anzhi team. It's a winnable game for us, but they're no Metalist by any means. I'll be very surprised if we come out of the first leg with a result.

I don't expect to get through at all tbh, but if we do then its time to  :celb1:

key to this of course is the 1st leg. I imagine we could lose the away leg but still go through provided we get at least 1 away goal and the margin is just 1 goal..we have seen it last night an away goal is so crucial eventhough we have the 2nd leg at home..

we have Swansea away before this one, and Im expecting them to be in celebrstory mood after what could be a cup triumph..so we could probably rest a few players ahead of the Moscow trip and hope to nick a result..

Still, im going to put me money on Ameobi starting with Cisse on the wing in Moscow from Mr Pardew  :dave:

£200 flights are more than reasonable like. That's going on the Wednesday from London to Moscow via Zurich. Nice 10 hour stop in Zurich to catch a glimpse of somewhere different. Come back on the Friday evening, I think I'll book this on Monday when I get paid.

Quick research looks like a visa costs around £120! Might be more to get it fast tracked aswell though.

£200 flights are more than reasonable like. That's going on the Wednesday from London to Moscow via Zurich. Nice 10 hour stop in Zurich to catch a glimpse of somewhere different. Come back on the Friday evening, I think I'll book this on Monday when I get paid.

Quick research looks like a visa costs around £120! Might be more to get it fast tracked aswell though.

According to .com the visa is £77 for a 7 day turnaround or £127 for next day and can be obtained from the consulate in either London or Edinburgh.

According to .com the visa is £77 for a 7 day turnaround or £127 for next day and can be obtained from the consulate in either London or Edinburgh.

Thomas Cook want £499 for the trip and £200 for the visa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! for the club trip.

That's not too bad then. £277 quid plus hotel, it's going to cost little over £300 overall. Just as cheap as any of the others despite the distance.

who's that with?

who's that with?

Swiss Air. Going London-Zurich-Moscow on way there and Moscow-Stockholm-London on way back.

01 Jones

16 Coates

23 Carragher

38 Flanagan

47 Wisdom

10 Cole (Assaidi - 77' )

14 Henderson

19 Downing

33 Shelvey Booked

35 Coady (Suso - 61' )

It's winnable!

01 Gabulov

04 Samba

05 Carlos

13 Tagirbekov

15 Logashov

06 Boussoufa

08 Jucilei

18 Zhirkov

25 Ahmedov (Gonzalez - 29' )

09 Eto'o

19 Traore (Smolov - 80' )

Looks full strength to me although as mentioned they have added Willian!

Guest Roger Kint

01 Jones

16 Coates

23 Carragher

38 Flanagan

47 Wisdom

10 Cole (Assaidi - 77' )

14 Henderson

19 Downing

33 Shelvey Booked

35 Coady (Suso - 61' )

It's winnable!

01 Gabulov

04 Samba

05 Carlos

13 Tagirbekov

15 Logashov

06 Boussoufa

08 Jucilei

18 Zhirkov

25 Ahmedov (Gonzalez - 29' )

09 Eto'o

19 Traore (Smolov - 80' )

Looks full strength to me although as mentioned they have added Willian!

And lost Samba