Europa League 2012/13 - Benfica 1 - 2 Chelsea

MKSC
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Yeah, the mackems' stadium name was given in reference to the old mine below where it stands; I recall Bob 'Merry' stating it at the time.  Monkwearmouth pit, I believe.  However, that does not excuse the tramps from using a name already being used by one of Europe's biggest clubs.

What a load of sh*te, thats the kind of tenuous bollocks I'd expect from them tbh.

Not sure if you mean my explanation is 'a load of s****' or their excuse for using the name is.  Whatever....that is what they claim the name is for.

:lol: It was their pitiful excuse for plagiarism i was calling sh*te, not your post! I still can't believe they had the nerve to steal one of the most famous names in world football and appropriate it as their own with such a bullsh*t story.

We should direct our visitors to pictures of the prefab piggery, just to compare it with the real thing. From the sublime to the ridiculous, I'm sure they'll agree.

to the new member Benfica fans- :rose:- does your club have any record of the friendly you played against us at SJP in the early 70s with Eusabio in your team- been unable to find anything about it here.

Anybody booked yet?

Think I've got itinerary sorted, just need to book it all.

Got it all sorted, booking it tonight when I get in from work. My mate went and sorted it 10 minutes after the draw so now got to copy his plans to avoid being on me own!

Fancy sharing your plans?  Im not sure whether to fly to Faro or go direct to Lisbon from London.

Flying on the Wednesday Leeds to Faro and coming back Saturday Faro-Leeds. It's cost £140 for me but my mate only paid £96 this morning.

Going to stay in Lisbon on the Thursday night only. Can any of the Portuguese tell me how much the train is from Faro to Libson?

to the new member Benfica fans- :rose:- does your club have any record of the friendly you played against us at SJP in the early 70s with Eusabio in your team- been unable to find anything about it here.

I was in the Gallowgate, you now know a little more.

Guest rdr10

Anybody booked yet?

Got it all sorted, booking it tonight when I get in from work. My mate went and sorted it 10 minutes after the draw so now got to copy his plans to avoid being on me own!

Fancy sharing your plans?  Im not sure whether to fly to Faro or go direct to Lisbon from London.

Flying on the Wednesday Leeds to Faro and coming back Saturday Faro-Leeds. It's cost £140 for me but my mate only paid £96 this morning.

Going to stay in Lisbon on the Thursday night only. Can any of the Portuguese tell me how much the train is from Faro to Libson?

Around 30€ mate!

In terms of preference, I'd go:

Basel

Fenerbache

Rubin Kazan

Lazio

Chelsea

Tottenham

Benfica

The four teams I least want us to face all avoid each other and we get the one I wanted least. :lol: Excellent. :okay:

Anyway, I think I'll head over to the HBA thread now and see what his chances are for starting this Sunday...

oh god, Benfica fans have found rtg.

somebody tell them Mags and mag kernts is us, or they will be too confused thinking mag is about sunderland its mentioned more often. :laugh:

You shouldn't worry much, I'm not here to have boring conversations about football, I'm pretty much here to share sordid sexual experiences and naked photos of us and our families.

You shouldn't worry much, I'm not here to have boring conversations about football, I'm pretty much here to share sordid sexual experiences and naked photos of us and our families.

:lol:

Please don't leave after the games

:lol:

Please don't leave after the games

I am sure me and the guys will stay, you should use our forum too :-)

Anybody booked yet?

What you gone for then Sewell?

East Midlands airport to Faro then a train to Lisbon.

Flights £126 return (gone up now like) and then the train is like £35 return. Not bad, looking at hotels now.

Guest Bruno_SLB

Hey guys!!

Another Benfica fan here! Thank you for allowing me to join you guys forum!

I just wanna say that we are very happy to face Newcastle, great team, with lots of historical players and managers (Alan Shearer & Sir Bobby = LEGENDS), great stadium and what it should be a really fun and tough couple of games.

I do believe Benfica, at his full potencial, is more favorite to win this one, but Newcastle really has lots of quality players. Although this season hasnt really been the best for you guys, being in this stage of Europa League can only be a great way of making up for your Premier League run, if you guys can get to the final.

My worries with Benfica, is that we just might not be able to be at our maximum force because its a tight race in the national League with Porto, we are only 2 points ahed and every game now is essencial, so we might have to change a couple of our key players in the first game in the (ONE AND ONLY) Stadium of Light.

I hope you guys have fun when you are in Lisbon, and Benfica fans will surely have a great time in Newcastle too (we have fans around the whole world so we always have great support in away games too)! :)

Good luck for you guys.... in the Premier League!!!!  ;D

The hell is going on here? :lol:

Influx of seemingly top class away fans, with nothing but kind words and helpful tips.

Booked. God I'm so f***ing skint now.

You should probably touch yourself and share your webcam pictures with me.

I have to agree.