Brighton 1 - 0 Newcastle - 28/01/12 - Post-match reaction from page 31

Beren

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

People still think that we'll ever win a trophy?

Give it up man, just enjoy the league and then nights like this don't sting quite as much.

Although to be fair, our cup form is dreadful and has been for years.

I don't think we'll ever get close tbh.

Rather ambivalent about losing this. The sooner Ba and Cisse return from Africa the better, I'm sick and tired of having to put up with watching Ameobi languishing around the opponents area halting any momentum we have in the final third. 4-4-2 and direct balls will have to do until they get back.

Disgraceful attitude by our players. We clearly had no intention of winning that because - despite Brighton being awful - we showed no desire and no effort. Can't believe we lost to that.

Agree, horrible up front especially. Cabaye was the only plaer on the field trying but wasnt very good anyways. Horrible, but lets look forward to a Euro Cup push now.

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

It's only because I support them. At least that's how I feel and have felt about a lot of sh*t that happens Nufc.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Pardew played for the draw as he usually does.

When he's publically saying he'd take a draw before the game, you have to wonder if that attitude fed down to the players.

Aye.

positive

now that brighton won they may make less song and dance about cabaye's filthy kick out

negative we played like sh1t!  deserve to lose

Well, considering Cabaye was the target throughout the game of some delibrate fouls, I wouldn't blame him if he stabbed the *********  :whistle:

Fucking shite. We were poor but Brighton didn't deserve that either. They did bugger all in all honesty, got a lucky goal and should've conceded a pen.

That being said, we need Ba and Cisse back ASAP because we have nothing going forward at the moment.

Sums it up nicely.

Give it up man, just enjoy the league and then nights like this don't sting quite as much.

Aye. I don't even smart that much with getting binned out the cups, it's just a reluctant acceptance these days.

to be fair i never cared for the fa cup and league cup.  more bothered about our sh1t performances carrying into the prem,

if it was up to me id play the reserves for all the cup games.