Brighton 1 - 0 Newcastle - 28/01/12 - Post-match reaction from page 31

Beren

Typical rubbish in the cup, i'm annoyed now but i'll be over it by tomorrow. It's the hope that does it to you - the reality is we'll never get anywhere near either of the domestic cups in my lifetime. The club just has an aversion to it nowadays.

Shite performance with several key players missing, but the game was lost up front - or more, not won. Sounds daft but if we'd scored, we'd not have lost. Brighton didn't threaten all game but for the counter-attack that got their goal. A defensive rick was always going to give them the game considering our ineptitude in the final third.

It's a carbon-copy to the Fulham game in many ways. You can't get overly worried cos it's blatantly obvious where the problems are, and it's obvious where the solutions are (Africa).

Two very winnable league games on the way.

People still think that we'll ever win a trophy?

Give it up man, just enjoy the league and then nights like this don't sting quite as much.

Although to be fair, our cup form is dreadful and has been for years.

When we lost to Blackburn in the Carling Cup earlier this season I took a look at our cup form in recent years, and it's been shocking. Not the first time we put in a pathetic cup performance.

I'm 34 yrs old next week.  Bar 3 second division titles I've come to the realisation that I'll never see us win something in my lifetime!

Fucking woeful.  Pardew will come out with some shite in the post match interview about aspects of our play he wasn't happy with (i.e. doing hee-haw in the final 3rd of the pitch!) but not explain why it took him to the 82nd minute to do anything about it.

Others have mentioned it but his inability/unwillingness to have a plan b is really start to chaff my tits!

Brighton gave us a fucking masterclass in how to close down a game though. Other than that they did fuck all, lucky goal.

Don't want to see Simpson or Shola in a Newcastle shirt again. Those wondering why Pardew was benching Ben Arfa and why we have been linked to wingers need to look no further than today. He wasnt shocking but he was probably even worse than Obertan.

I've already said I believe we will not win a trophy in my lifetime.  Just destined for it.

:lol: Yes we will.

Not if you're over 5 years old.

Can't see our lot doing anything for at least as long as we've done nowt (since 55 or 69 whichever you choose)

PATHETIC performance from all of them, but Pardew HAS to take the blame that is always a risky tactic, we should have had more than enough to stuff this shit.

Cry about the pen yes it was 100% a pen  but Besty's finishing was shocking, Shola was a bastard statue and Benny seemed his heart was not 100% in it.

Cabaye is going to end up with a 3 game ban for that ridiculer reaction he needs to cut that out.

Thought Danny's yellow was harsh and felt for him as he had to step out of the challenge that led to their goal as he was on that yellow. Cannot blame him though, it was high up the pitch we had plenty of time to stop that attack.

Brighton gave us a fucking masterclass in how to close down a game though. Other than that they did fuck all, lucky goal.

Don't want to see Simpson or Shola in a Newcastle shirt again. Those wondering why Pardew was benching Ben Arfa and why we have been linked to wingers need to look no further than today. He wasnt shocking but he was probably even worse than Obertan.

We're actually pretty good at that, Fulham aside.

I've already said I believe we will not win a trophy in my lifetime.  Just destined for it.

:lol: Yes we will.

Not if you're over 5 years old.

Can't see our lot doing anything for at least as long as we've done nowt (since 55 or 69 whichever you choose)

I choose 69 so they won something in my lifetime

Pardew played for the draw as he usually does.

When he's publically saying he'd take a draw before the game, you have to wonder if that attitude fed down to the players.

I agreed with him that a draw is a pretty good result, but it looks like he gave them far too much credit when it came to tactics.