Brighton 1 - 0 Newcastle - 28/01/12 - Post-match reaction from page 31

Beren

Can anybody tell me why we didn't bring Obertan and Lovenkrands on when we were a goal down and why we took off Santon when Simpson wouldn't tackle in case he got a 2nd card?

Yup. Mental decisions.

Jonas wasnt as bad as people are saying IMO. probably our best player with best for holding up the ball, did put himself around. Granted he created jack all though which is unnaceptable, especially from a winger. However I wouldnt put him in the same category as Simpson and Shola.

Linked up alot better with Fergie in 10 mins than he did with Santon all game though.

Impressed with Brighton  :clap: ...they want to play football similar to Arsenal and Swansea. Exciting management in Poyet and Taricco as well.

That'll be why they spent most of the game playing long balls then.

I thought they were shite. We were just worse.

No support from midfield because Shola can't make the ball stick.

No space for the midfielders/wingers to make use of because Shola can't move.

No pressure from the front because Shola can't be bothered.

No threat on their goal because Shola only scores or threatens to once every 50 games.

No chance of competing because Shola played 90 mins. Simples.

Looks like that should be a sig to me.

Impressed with Brighton  :clap: ...they want to play football similar to Arsenal and Swansea. Exciting management in Poyet and Taricco as well.

I thought they were s****. We were just worse.

Yup. Both teams were terrible, was no excitement in their way of playing.

When did it become acceptable to play Best on the left. What is the thinking behind this? An absolute waste of everything he does well.

Yet he was better than Shola  in his favoured position.

Guest neesy111

No threat on their goal because Shola only scores or threatens to once every 50 games.

Sums up his whole career.

When did it become acceptable to play Best on the left. What is the thinking behind this? An absolute waste of everything he does well.

Yet he was better than Shola  in his favoured position.

Best should be up top with Obertan on the left in this 4-3-3 Pardew has been going for. It's ridiculous.

I thought they were shite. We were just worse.

:sadnod:

Can anybody tell me why we didn't bring Obertan and Lovenkrands on when we were a goal down and why we took off Santon when Simpson wouldn't tackle in case he got a 2nd card?

Obertan and Lovenkrands are rubbish and would have offered nothing against a side that was sticking ten men behind the ball.

Can't explain why Simpson stayed on the pitch ahead of Santon, though. Presumably cos it meant a like-for-like with Ferguson, which is bullshit cos Santon is obviously a right-sided player anyway.

Scapegoat central.  Shola's shite but he was far from our worst player today.

Won basically every header and created a few good chances.

Guest neesy111

Obertan and Lovenkrands are rubbish and would have offered nothing against a side that was sticking ten men behind the ball.

Can't explain why Simpson stayed on the pitch ahead of Santon, though. Presumably cos it meant a like-for-like with Ferguson, which is bullshit cos Santon is obviously a right-sided player anyway.

Obertan and Lovenkrands would have offered at least some movement compared to Shola.

Because Pardew can be a complete d*** at times

Brighton were very poor. They lacked imagination and adventure considering they were the home team without any pressure on them. They were playing at home to boot.

We were so sloppy in everything we did.

From the start we never pressed the ball with the intensity needed considering Brighton are meant to be the Swansea of the Championship in relation of to the alleged way they pass and move the ball. This surely should have been a must considering the more pressure there is on the ball the harder it is to pass short and move. Pressure takes away a players thinking time.

In possession the intensity matched the intensity without the ball. Slow and sloppy. Too many times we didn't move the ball quickly enough with our support to each other so slow it was unbelievable. This resulted us playing every thing in front of them as they were easily able to regroup due to the speed at which we passed to each other.

I think the players need to look at themselves, they are the ones who are responsible for there application and attitude once they step over those white lines. Danny Simpson pulling out of the challenge which resulted in them breaking and scoring summed up the whole starting 11's attitude and approach to this game.

Let down by the players and the this group were even taken to Tenerife as a reward for their hardwork this season. Maybe the fans should have been taken.  :sad:

Scapegoat central.  Shola's s**** but he was far from our worst player today.

Won basically every header and created a few good chances.

Shola, created one chance when headed the ball to Best, that's about it.

Guest Geordiesned

Pathetic. Stood freezing my arse off at Lewes station on way back whilst those useless bastards check their Tenerife tanlines! Oh that was a worthwhile fucking trip!!

Completey toothless performance. Best and Ameobi a complete waste of space and yet stayed on?! If that's us making an effort to win a competition I'd hate to see us not bother!!

Seriously pissed off!!!!!