Blackburn Rovers vs. Newcastle United - 01/02/12 @ 8pm - Pre-match thread

Fenham Mag

first game for a while i'll not see or even get commentary on. it'll be radio 5 and even that will be in and out. maybe better just turning the radio on to get the full time ?

Not get a mate to txt ya updates?

na my phone has to be switched off, work stuff.

Nightmare.

Viewing options really are so much better here in the US, just incredible to me how terrible the system is over your way. It's available here on ESPN3, and therefore available for free in high quality HD on my phone while I'm at work.

At worst (I'd play)

Tim

Danny          Mike      Perch        Davide

Hatem          Mehdi    Daniel        Jonas 

Shola      Leon

its bbr away not the lions den.....

As crazy as this sounds I would maybe prefer to see McLoven upfront with Best tonight. The Blackburn defenders are built to deal with a physical threat but think Loven could cause a bit of trouble.

FFS just re-read that cant wait for the Demba's to come back.

Can someone post the Pardew comments from .cock about attacking more please? Seems positive.

nited boss Alan Pardew is confident his side will make more of an attacking impact as they travel to Blackburn Rovers on Wednesday night in the Premier League (8pm kick-off).

Pardew cut a frustrated figure as his side performed well at Brighton in the FA Cup on Saturday but were unable to find a cutting edge in the final third as they eventually slipped to a 1-0 defeat.

But he insists that will be a different story at Ewood Park, with the Magpies desperate to bounce back to winning ways and keep in touch with the top five.

"We are confident in so much that the performance at Brighton was a good performance in terms of physically and our technical stats," said Pardew.

"It was a game we would have won normally - there was enough chances there.

"The only criticism was what I spoke about after - that we should have perhaps put a bit more percentage ball in the box, and then we would have created a couple more.

"I think that is something we can correct at Blackburn."

And Pardew was full of praise for Rovers boss Steve Kean, who has been subjected to plenty of public criticism this season but has still managed to produce some impressive results.

"I think Steve Kean has done a terrific job just lately with that team," said Newcastle's manager.

"They are a lot stronger and better than they were when we've played them before, and it's going to be a tough game.

"I think they've got stronger and you have to admire him for coming through what was the eye of a storm at that time.

"Now it will be the second half of the season and trying to keep the team in the division, and I hope he does."

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20120201/pardews-attacking-intent_2281670_2595412

first game for a while i'll not see or even get commentary on. it'll be radio 5 and even that will be in and out. maybe better just turning the radio on to get the full time ?

Not get a mate to txt ya updates?

na my phone has to be switched off, work stuff.

Nightmare.

hoping we are the commentary game on radio 5 but it will be arsenal.

Radio Newcastle? Illegal Stream on the Internet? Radio on NUFC.co.uk?

I'd play

Krul

Santon    Willo  Collo    Raylor

Guthrie

Obertan                        Jonas

Ben Arfa

Best

Shola

I can't see where the goals are going to come from. Rovers will snuff out our big bastard threat if we go with a Shola/Best combination and Ben Arfa will be too busy tracking back to get into any real dangerous areas.

Krul

Taylor Williamson Coloccini Santon

Abeid

Guthrie Vuckic

Ben Arfa                          Jonas

Best

I can't stand seeing Shola up there again. Rather have 11 players that actually move and control the ball. Best will do as target man, backed up by the movement of Benny and Jonas. Guthrie and Vuckic to pull the strings, Vuckic more license to go forward. Also, Ryan Taylor can cross the ball, which at least gives him one attribute more than Simpson.

Guest johnson293

Is Lovenkrands fit/available?

If we are going two up top, I'd rather him and Best, and drop Shola.

Of course, this wont happen.

Krul

Taylor Williamson Coloccini Santon

Abeid

Guthrie Vuckic

Ben Arfa                          Jonas

Best

I can't stand seeing Shola up there again. Rather have 11 players that actually move and control the ball. Best will do as target man, backed up by the movement of Benny and Jonas. Guthrie and Vuckic to pull the strings, Vuckic more license to go forward. Also, Ryan Taylor can cross the ball, which at least gives him one attribute more than Simpson.

This but Pardew would never go with it.

Any benefit in playing something like:

Krul

Simpson  Williamson  King Colo  Santon

Guthrie          Jonas

Obertan                      Big Ben                    Best

Strolla

Slightly apprehensive at Best being played wide left, but I thought Jonas played really well in the centre the other week so he could potentially move out wide and allow Best to run off Strolla when he can be bothered to move/win a header/not fall over/stay onside