Blackburn Rovers vs. Newcastle United - 01/02/12 @ 8pm - Pre-match thread

Fenham Mag

Surely we can't be stupid enough to play Ameobi again. He's been absolutely turgid of late.

He's always been a crock of s***.

met someone at brighton who thought she should be starting ahead of hba given how often hba loses the ball

That's because Shola never fucking has it :lol:

Surely we can't be stupid enough to play Ameobi again. He's been absolutely turgid of late.

He's always been a crock of s***.

met someone at brighton who thought she should be starting ahead of hba given how often hba loses the ball

That's because Shola never f***ing has it :lol:

what mw is saying is that he had a chat with pardew.

We have to have two up front.  I dont care if its Best/Shola/Lovenkrands. But it has to be two of them.

HBA is more effective cutting in and drifting about playing than playing just behind the striker i think.

If we play 4-4-1-1 it will not put Blackburn under enough pressure, and it will be another frustrating night where we threaten rarely. We are just putting the game on a plate for them with that negativity. I know you cant go gunho away from home, but we need to put them under some pressure....its blackburn ffs.

Id be willing to start Lovenkrands over shola. Best is good at holding up play and getting himself about and grafting (which is sholas sole reason for playing as the "big man") and Loven might have something to prove and provide something abit different than weve seen over the past couple of weeks.

I could honestly never imagine us sitting here this day, exactly a year after the Carroll sale and discussing the benefit of Lovenkrands starting instead of Ameobi  :lol:

But then I could never imagine the  :pedro: I get of thinking about the two guys who's coming back to the north east on thursday neither.

Got to win this. Well obviously we don't, but you know what I mean.

Minimum 6th place - possibly 5th - and back to 9 points above Stoke in 8th with our best players still to return.

Blackburn are shite. Come on ffs.

Minimum 6th place - possibly 5th - and back to 9 points above Stoke in 8th with our best players still to return.

Blackburn are s****. Come on ffs.

should we win it it puts us in a great position with ba/cisse to come in soon and tiote not long after.

(alternativly we get beat and colo's injury is like tiotes earlier in the seson)

Guest VaVaVoom

Blackburn are shite. Come on ffs.

Yup.

Massive game. Hopefully the squad can breath a sigh of relief that we've not lost anyone, they can see how much 3 points would mean what with Liverpool winning and Arsenal having a tough game at Bolton and Norwich away to the in form mackems....Spit

Having a 9 point gap between us and 8th and being 3 behind 4th would be fantastic. Especially with Ba and Cisse in the squad at home to Villa at the weekend.

1-0 Guthrie

Guest VaVaVoom

Think we'll be unchanged from Fulham.

Think Cabaye's going to get off then? Doubt it.

If he denies his charge(which i believe he has) then the ban will be delayed until after blackburn game no?

I dont think anyone actually knows.

He'll be available for the game unless the panel were to decide super fast tomorrow. Also by appealing there is a risk a 1 game suspension is added on and he misses the derby.

They will decide tomorrow won't they ? I am sure its done straight away now to stop clubs using the appeal system to gain an extra match before the ban starts.

Also why they can now lengthen the ban due to a frivolous appeal.

OR

does he now get so many days to gather the evidence he needs to defend himself against the charge as he plead not guilty?

Guest VaVaVoom

first game for a while i'll not see or even get commentary on. it'll be radio 5 and even that will be in and out. maybe better just turning the radio on to get the full time ?

Not get a mate to txt ya updates?

first game for a while i'll not see or even get commentary on. it'll be radio 5 and even that will be in and out. maybe better just turning the radio on to get the full time ?

na my phone has to be switched off, work stuff.

Guest VaVaVoom

Nightmare.

Nightmare.

hoping we are the commentary game on radio 5 but it will be arsenal.

At worst (I'd play)

Tim

Danny          Mike      Perch        Davide

Hatem          Mehdi    Daniel        Jonas 

Shola      Leon

If Cabaye's ban is upheld I'd go:

---------------------Krul---------------------

Simpson---Williamson---Colo---Santon

-----------Abeid---------Guthrie-----------

Obertan----------Ben Arfa----------Jonas

---------------------Best---------------------