Blackburn 0 - 2 Newcastle United - 01/02/12 - post-match reaction from page 64

Dave

This is the worst refereeing performance I've ever seen.

He really has no clue what's going on around him on the pitch, giving them free kicks for 50/50 challenges, a penalty for a nothing challenge and a free kick for a blatant dive.

We should probably learn from it though and start rolling on the floor every time a Blackburn player breathes too hard.

Pretty certain we don't actually want to win this. We're just letting them back into it so easily.

Danny Simpson is quite comfortably our shittest* player. Absolute train wreck of a footballer recently, he's been abysmal.

Need to step it up after half time or we'll be lucky to get anything.

*Apart from Shola of course.

We were the only team playing for the first ten, got a lucky goal and then didn't string three passes together for the rest of the half. Ref's been an absolute joke, that dive was so, so ridiculous. Need to sort ourselves out and keep possession though or we'll lose this.

We have been poor. The formation isn't working.

Back to 442 please even if it means taking out Ben Arfa.

Looks like Perch was being briefed ahead of coming on for the second half, lots of possibilities for replacements:

Ryan Taylor

Williamson

Santon (with Taylor going LB)

Ben Arfa (Taylor going RW)

Jonas

Best (Jonas going LW)

Probably wouldn't be the worst idea to get Perch on in the midfield (I feel dirty saying that).

This is absolutely necessary! At least Guthrie might then be able to have a bit mnore freedom to dictate play. Guthrie just isn't a holding midifelder, particularly alongside Jonas and Raylor. Crazy midfield that.

Guest bimpy474

Best is so lazy when he has to get back onside, him and Shola are two of the clumsiest players i've ever seen, they make the Kuqi monster look graceful.

Guest neesy111

I'd take one of the forwards off and move Raylor wide right bringing on a CM.

Raylor is going to get sent off at this rate.

We've been rubbish in the first half - no shape, awful passing and yet we are 1-0 up somehow, mainly thanks to Colo and Krul (great pen save) May as well be playing 12 men though as Phil Dowd has been awful. Firstly for being conned by Holliet with a disgraceful dive and then giving a very soft penalty.

We need to change our shape and majorly buck our ideas up for the 2nd half. Just not good enough, even if we are winning. Bloody 4231 again! :angry:

Guthrie has literally touched the ball maybe 4 or 5 times.  The formation is, well, I don't know what this formation is, really.  4-2-3-1 turned into some catastrophic ameoba-like formation allowing them nothing but time and space while we couldn't avoid 2 or 3 Blackburn defenders at a time.  Holy shit.

And Williamson is truly a liability now.  Lacks confidence, pace, decision-making, everything.  Colo is doing it all on his own.