Newcastle United vs Aston Villa - 05/02/12 @ 1:30pm (Sky) - Pre-match thread

JH

was perch's performance last night enough to push him into contention for a start on sunday ? (i didn't see or hear the game, fortunatly i gather!)

Not sure. He was solid, but we were away from home and already in the lead when he came on.

I expect us to go back to 4-4-2 but I'm not sure who will partner Guthrie.

I wouldn't have too many gripes with us sticking with the 4-3-3 (or whatever you want to call it), providing at least one of Ba and Cisse enter the side. Would probably rather a 4-4-2 though. We can't fuck about with this game, considering the fixtures around us, it's a massive opportunity to create a bit of breathing space.

------------------------------------- Krul -------------------------------------

Raylor ------------ Williamson ---------- Coloccini ------------- Santon

Ben Arfa ------------- Guthrie ---------- Abeid ------------------- Jonas

------------------------------ Ba ---------- Best -----------------------------

Subs: Elliot, Simpson, Ferguson, Perch, Obertan, Shola, Cisse

(Cisse definitely won't be thrown straight in)

That's what i would like to see. I know Simpson won't be dropped but i wish he would. We're at home and Raylor offers more going forward. Plus, he and Ben Arfa provided a nice balance down that wing at home to Blackburn. It's probably a touch harsh on Perch too, because he did his job well last night, but we're at home and Abeid's more of a footballer. We should be taking the game to Villa, and Perch's only real assets come when acting as a breakwater. Shola deserves dropping so Best keeps his place.

I wouldn't have too many gripes with us sticking with the 4-3-3 (or whatever you want to call it), providing at least one of Ba and Cisse enter the side. Would probably rather a 4-4-2 though. We can't f*** about with this game, considering the fixtures around us, it's a massive opportunity to create a bit of breathing space.

------------------------------------- Krul -------------------------------------

That's what i would like to see. I know Simpson won't be dropped but i wish he would. We're at home and Raylor offers more going forward. Plus, he and Ben Arfa provided a nice balance down that wing at home to Blackburn. It's probably a touch harsh on Perch too, because he did his job well last night, but we're at home and Abeid's more of a footballer. We should be taking the game to Villa, and Perch's only real assets come when acting as a breakwater. Shola deserves dropping so Best keeps his place.

like that...but not sure who should partner guthrie at cm...abeid would be nice though! think perch should start on the bench and use him where needed later on.

if cisse is just 75 % or so i´ll say....f*ck it give him a start....he will be so excited like the fans....+ he will team up with his senegal team mate Ba. its different with strikers...its not like we have to be gentle with them like with for example young defenders like santon!

Wouldn't mind Perch starting in the middle as long as it doesn't mean Raylor out wide instead of Ben Arfa. Yes Hatem was poor last night, but I hope Pardew realises that it was just one of those nights that was never going to be us at our best and we just needed to dig in and get the result.

At home, with Ba and Cisse available, it is a completely different story. We need to have a go at Villa and that will not happen if Raylor is on the right hand side of midfield.

I wouldn't have too many gripes with us sticking with the 4-3-3 (or whatever you want to call it), providing at least one of Ba and Cisse enter the side. Would probably rather a 4-4-2 though. We can't f*** about with this game, considering the fixtures around us, it's a massive opportunity to create a bit of breathing space.

This. :thup:

Krul

Simpson Williamson Coloccini Santon

Ben Arfa Guthrie Abeid Jonas

Ba Cissé

Would absolutely love to see this. The movement of the Demba's could really bring out the best in HBA. 

Not holding my breath though. As expecting Raylor and or Obertan + Shola or Best to start

Villa like to keep it very tight. If we go for the team above the Demba's goals could edge it for us.

Perch will 100% start Pards said he was his MOTM vs Blacknurn.. he won't drop Simpson & I think he MAY start Obertan ahead of Benny.

Ba will start with Best, Best will make way for Cisse at some point.

-------------------Krul

Simo------Willi---------- Colo------Santon

Ober------Guth ---------Perch ----Jonas

------------Ba -----------Best

It'll be between Abeid and Perch for that second CM spot imo.

Think Abeid will get the nod with Perch coming on for the last 15 minutes or so (depending on how the game is going).

Why wouldn't he just pick Ryan Taylor again? Have I missed something?

Think Raylor will continue to play in Cabaye's absence and Pardew will use the excuse we need him for set-pieces with Yohan out. Also think he'll go back to 4-4-2 and drop Ben Arfa so:

Krul

Simpson  Williamson  Coloccini  Santon

Taylor        Guthrie      Perch        Jonas

Best      Ba

I'd prefer to see Hatem and Abeid in for Taylor and Perch. I'd also probably throw Cisse in from the start.

Think Abeid will get the nod with Perch coming on for the last 15 minutes or so (depending on how the game is going).

Well we were being overrun in centre midfield last night and bringing on Perch reduced the threat a bit. Just don't see Raylor as an effective CM, he can do a decent job on the flanks but in the centre? Not sure.

We need a defensive CM playing and don't think Raylor is that kind of player.

Wondering that myself. Think it's a near certainty he's in the 11.

Well we were being overrun in centre midfield last night and bringing on Perch reduced the threat a bit. Just don't see Raylor as an effective CM, he can do a decent job on the flanks but in the centre? Not sure.

We need a defensive CM playing and don't think Raylor is that kind of player.

Tend to agree, but would be surprised to see Abeid or Perch start in his place. Have to admit I wouldn't be horrified if Perchinho does get the nod, provided we went for a bit of flair out wide and had Demba/Papiss up top.