Penalties

ChrisMcQuillan

The Stoke one was fair game as it cancelled the terrible decision for Crouch's tumble. Old Trafford one was a disgrace though!

What about pens we should have had and didn't?

- Blackburn (A), Carling Cup, Samba on Demba.

- Brighton (A), FA Cup, Cabaye blocked shot

- Man Utd (H), Pre, tackle on Ba

Pens opposition should have had?

- Wolves (A), Prem

- Everton (H), Prem, Gosling handball.

The officiating decision we've suffered most from this season was David Luiz not being given the boot against Chelsea. Mata or more likely Sturridge would of been pulled off to fill the gap which would of changed the entire complexion of the match.

Aye - as soon as the ref has called the foul in that position he has to send him off.  Made up his own rules on the day based entirely on who we were playing.

The strange thing is that the two penalties that we've been given vs Stoke and Man U is that both of them were a bit dubious.  If the ref had rightly not given either then 5 months into the season then we would have had zero penalties given.

He only gave the Stoke one because he'd given them the exact same soft penalty five minutes earlier.

Both soft but both pens imo. If you push someone in the back they can't jump for the ball, defenders (almost) always get away with it but it's cheating really.

The amount of bad decisions that's gone aginst us compared to good ones that's went for us this season has been a complete joke, and not just for penalties.

Honestly man, everyone says this. They can't all be right.

I think yours and ours have been pretty even in the league. Bigger clubs often get shafted in the cups (e.g. you v Brighton) because refs seem to be a little generous to the smaller clubs. One or two clubs do seem to get more "luck" than others (Man U), but it's really only one or two. And they certainly didn't get that luck when they played you at Old Trafford.

Over the whole season I suspect decisions have been pretty even for/against us - even taking into account the single most biased and appalling refereeing performance this year (unarguably us v Stoke).

We don't win many penalties because we don't attack the box with pace like some teams.

Yep.

Overall, we've relied on good defending rather than good attacking to win games. There's pressure on the defence and therefore we're more likely to concede a pen.

We don't win many penalties because we don't attack the box with pace like some teams.

Yep.

Overall, we've relied on good defending rather than good attacking to win games. There's pressure on the defence and therefore we're more likely to concede a pen.

In addition because we do a lot of last ditch style defending we give away a lot of pens. I bet we're close to top of the clearances of the line league n all. Simpson has a fuck load this season.

Yep.

In addition because we do a lot of last ditch style defending we give away a lot of pens. I bet we're close to top of the clearances of the line league n all. Simpson has a fuck load this season.

Simpson must have done at least 6 alone. :lol:

I've been waiting all season for some statto punk to say we're soft on set pieces so I can jump out of a bush and say "aha! 19 of those 20 goals were from penalties though, Garth Crooks, you idiot!"