Newcastle United 2 - 1 Aston Villa - 05/02/12 - post-match reaction from page 43

Dave

Guthire, Krul and Colo were just immensive. Especielly was so fucking good it was unbelievably. He was superb even if he did they job for two (perch did ok but is no nere up to this level).

Ba and Cissé looked rusty and not up to speed. Even though the just has so much class. Can we have some luck with things (ok today was just unbelivlebly tight) we can take this :lol:

Best and Raylor :(

Was on a downer just before the Cissé goal. We looked slow lacking in ideas and were dominated in midfield by a centre half and a player well into his 30's.

It's a real concern given Cabaye's gone for three games and Tiote won't be back soon. We took our chances thankfully but another two injuries just isn't what we wanted.

Cabaye has served two games already, only one to go.

anyone who choose obertan over ben arfa get a fooking grip... Today Krul was MOTM!

doesnt matter, its not the point.

fact is ben arfa has had stinkers which meant he deserves to be dropped, the only argument is how come shola dont get dropped for his stinkers until today.

just a case of pardew's favouritism

Bit surprised that everyone's raving over Guthrie. Don't get me wrong, he played well overall, but a number of times he stood and let his man run beyond him and at least once it almost lead to us conceding (when Bannan spooned it over). At the time I was wondering what the hell's happened to our defence, but after having seen the replay I think it's because we really miss Tiote and the protection he provides for the back four which means that they can't play with a pipe and slippers as they had been earlier in the season.

Ba and Cisse in their interview after the match. I think Ba, was showing Cisse, how good he has picked up the slang. During the interview he was saying how good a lad Cisse was.

Where was this? Sky have just totally fucked off our game in favour of the more important one. :rolleyes:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

For those who are watching Sky who is MOM.

Nee idea, they jumped straight from us to hyping up Chelsea v Man U.  :huff:

Guest guinness_fiend

anyone who choose obertan over ben arfa get a fooking grip... Today Krul was MOTM!

Obertan played well today and given how easily HBA gives the ball away at times, we could have been hit on the break countless times.  Bent's movement across the back line was excellent throughout the game, he just could not score for love nor money.

Was on a downer just before the Cissé goal. We looked slow lacking in ideas and were dominated in midfield by a centre half and a player well into his 30's.

It's a real concern given Cabaye's gone for three games and Tiote won't be back soon. We took our chances thankfully but another two injuries just isn't what we wanted.

Cabaye has served two games already, only one to go.

And we have 2 weeks off after Spurs - so Tiote will be back for Wolves

Obertan played well today and given how easily HBA gives the ball away at times, we could have been hit on the break countless times.  Bent's movement across the back line was excellent throughout the game, he just could not score for love nor money.

Moved really well, but looked slow to control the ball and then pretty slow when he had it under control

Ba and Cisse in their interview after the match. I think Ba, was showing Cisse, how good he has picked up the slang. During the interview he was saying how good a lad Cisse was.

Where was this? Sky have just totally f***ed off our game in favour of the more important one. :rolleyes:

They showed it on Finnish TV here.

Fucking nerve wracking finish, improvement on the Blackburn game, but would have had no justified complaints at a draw today. We fell asleep too many times and were lucky not to get punished for it.

Proper LB and decent partner for Colo and we will be very strong next year.

Central midfield bossed in the second half and Guthrie was head and tails MOM, one of the best performances I have seen from him. He has a plethera of passes is good in possession and looks way fitter than we have seen him before. Props to Perch too who got on with his job quietly and effectively and had a decent effort on goal.

Can't agree with the needless Jonas raping on here for the goal we conceded, he had little option as there was no support. Santon in particular was stood sauntering back towards goal with his hands on his hips rather than supporting. Things aren't yet clicking on the left there, hopefully they can build up a better understanding. Guti was however doing my head in over the last ten minutes, drifting far to centrally and allowing the overlap everytime villa had the ball. I was convinced we would conceed from a cross.

What a potential strikeforce we have on our hands. Once they click with the team we will be rocking. Interesting to see Pardew obviously got the Wingers crossing more, unfortunately the quality was often lacking in the ball and Ober wants to take more touches than necessary or dribble it into the box. Promising sign though IMO.

One thing, and hopefully the staff will crack on to this..

I can see why Cissé was the player caught offside the most in Germany.  :lol: :lol:

Majestic goal though!

Where was this? Sky have just totally f***ed off our game in favour of the more important one. :rolleyes:

They showed it on Finnish TV here.

Was it the Sky interview, or BBC? Or your TV?

Krul 9 - Fantastic saves, great on crosses, calming presence and decent distribution today I thought. Superstar, man.

Simpson 6 - Backed off ( - I know it's a trite comment, but it's true. It's an invitation to let them have a delivery. If only Obertan was facing him) but didn't cost us thankfully.

Colo 8 - Love how comprehensively he seems to humiliate Bent every time :lol: Fantastic. He makes him look so shit.

Williamson 7 - Got a lot of stick lately, but he did very well. Solid on crosses, good job. Improving with the ball at his feet too. Hopefully he keeps chugging away as he makes his way back to Premiership sharpness.

Santon 7 - Good. I could see some defensive improvement there. Might not have the consistency yet, but his positioning was miles better. Good coming forward too, unlucky not to score.

Gutierrez 8 - Fantastic. Won the ball back loads in a day where we needed some steel in midfield. Good cross for the goal, smart in his play. Players like him make the difference. [Though are often overlooked].

Perch 6 - Overrun for large patches of the game, but a good shift from him and I can't fault him. Good commitment.

Guthrie 7 - As with Perch, but lacked presence in the middle for large periods of the game. Did well to grab hold of the ball on some key occasions to his credit, but a defensive passenger at times.

Obertan 6.5 - Enigmatic tbh :lol: He's such an interesting player. He gives us something to talk about if nothing else :laugh: Once again, I'm flip-flopping on him and beginning to see potential. He has the components, and the Villa players stepped off him when he had the ball but he never drove into their defence (as usual). If he stepped up, they'd justifiably back off (a la Simpson), but he never does -  as though he anticipates they'll stand up to his pace and commit. Frustrating, but did some good work.

[Raylor 7 - solid and committed before he left. Get well soon Raylor]

Demba1 7.5 - Slow start back into the side, but grabbed his goal beautifully and did well dropping off to a much deeper role.

[shola - Saw the game out well]

Demba2 8 - Exciting. Amazing arrowed shot into the top corner. Good flick on header when he came on too. Good running, looked lively and happy. Always good to see. At first blush, needs to incorporate a bit more battling qualities and be a bit stronger (like Demba1), but that'll come - I have no doubt. The goal was incredible. Stuff of dreams.

Pardew 8 - Did superbly today with what he had. Near perfect team selection, good subs, good half time talk (apparently!)

Overall, invaluable three points from a game we never really controlled - which is a fantastic return really. Very tough going at times, but with our forwards we have the quality where we can afford to play badly but still be very much a favourite(!) Not to rest on our laurels, or owt. Really promising times. If we can retain our people, and build steadily.. well, the sky is the limit :smitten: