Tottenham 5 - 0 Newcastle United - 11/02/12 - post-bumrape discussion from p43

Dave

To me, it's obvious Colo has seriously lost trust in the defence so he's getting dragged out to cover for full-back areas every time. Happened against N'Zogbia, happened about seventeen times that half.

Summer priority = an experienced solid full-back (to replace Santon on the left, so he can go to the right). Santon's learning curve has been costly of late. :(

That aside, Guthrie has been atrocious. West Brom (a) all over again. Can't wait for Tiote and Cabaye to get back.

The commentary is pissing me off too. As if this is the best we can play.

Any other team near the top would do this and we should too

First thing we HAVE to do early in the 2nd half is get Parker sent off, he is on a yellow loves a tackle lets set him up, Jonas will take the smack. Its the only way we have any chance of getting back into this game.

Guest guinness_fiend

We are playing against an excellent Spurs side and actually trying to get at them.  Sure, it is not working (:lol:) but I would rather that than pack the midfield, go all-out-defence and then concede two anyway because Spurs are *that* good.

Thanks to the other results (bar Arsenal), a loss would not be the end of the world.  Plus, we get Cabaye back next game and Tiote shortly thereafter - just in time for the business end of the season.

Well that was fun! Our right hand side is rancid. Too many stray passes from defence. Ba and Cisse look like they've worked hard but the only one behind them that looks interested is Guthrie.

Ben Arfa must be wondering how the fuck he isn't getting in the team. Obertan is just simply a shit footballer.

Well, we've been outclassed in that first half. Spurs movement is terrific though that said, they have enjoyed a run of the ball and we should have had a pen. We are badly missing Tiote and Cabaye and as a result are having to play a high defensive line yet again. Hard to see what changes Pardew can make, such is the lack of depth we have in the centre of midfield.

disgusting defending, particularly from Simpson but everyone has given the ball away dangerously. Adebayor and saha are bringing the ball down with an unreal about of ease and their whole team just have too much pace. Every attack is basically a goal.

Guest guinness_fiend

To me, it's obvious Colo has seriously lost trust in the defence so he's getting dragged out to cover for full-back areas every time. Happened against N'Zogbia, happened about seventeen times that half.

Summer priority = an experienced solid full-back (to replace Santon on the left, so he can go to the right). Santon's learning curve has been costly of late. :(

That aside, Guthrie has been atrocious. West Brom (a) all over again. Can't wait for Tiote and Cabaye to get back.

The commentary is pissing me off too. As if this is the best we can play.

I keep forgetting that Santon is playing on the wrong side! :lol:

Everything about that was shite. No pressing of the ball, awful decisions when in possession, never anyone in the box, no energy, and also the decisions have all gone against us. Proof, if any were needed, that although we have a pretty decent first eleven, when we have a few missing we have nothing to replace them with, which means that when we lose we lose badly. Oh well, write this game off and look forward to the next.

Guest hobshobs

Simpson right back?

Seems to be everywhere except right back.

Obertan tracks back as much as Ameobi and to think the manager says Ben Arfa ain't playing because he doesn't track back.

Get it sorted Alan. This is a BLOODY disgrace.