Newcastle United 2 - 2 Wolves - 25/02/12 - post-match reaction from page 34

Nate

shocking stuff. we weren't convincing at all in the opening exchanges yet found ourselves 2-0 up. this should've been the platform to go on, start playing better football and grabbing a few more goals. allowing the team to sit back and take it easy like cowards basically handed the initiative to wolves who were the better team up until their equaliser and then once they'd gotten level sat back and we had no answers in terms of breaking them down. tactics and mental preparation of a 5 year old.

How can people defend Ben Arfa there. He doesn't want to graft when the time is right, he doesn't want to pass when the time is right, he doesn't want to cross when the time is right, and he runs out of play to often to easily. The rest of the team were awful today, but if anyone can defend him, and saying he should start is a joke imo.

Say what you want, he still got the most shots away in a third of the time. Simpson, Williamson and a few others were utterly woeful. Ba was no good but that's because it was being hoofed to his face every few minutes.

I put this on from the 85th, don't think I saw Guthrie complete a single pass. Sloppy touches all round as well. Only thing decent was Ben Arfa willing to have a go.

Massively dropped 3 points today, Pardew seems to be looking out of his depth tactically recently. We now have the players to be able to play football on the deck and run through teams, no need for the long ball.

I'm obviously over the moon about where we have been this season, but let's be honest, we've pretty much played shite all season to get there.

You sit back like that and coast it's inevitable that the other team could get a fluky goal. Then it's 2-1 and all to play for and it's impossible to just suddenly flick a switch and hit top gear. Fucking shit. They were there for the taking and we just couldn't be arsed. Haven't played well since the man united game.

Don't get me wrong, we're desperately short of options at the back so I understand that he's got to make do, but it's becoming obvious the guy hasn't a fuucking clue how build upon a lead. We've been shit for weeks now, such a shame he's not inclined to actually let our 'footballers' play.

I love Ben Arfa but he was not good again.  Whether he's trying too hard to make a statement to Pardew or whatever, he wasted two or three excellent chances and looked well off the pace.

Guthrie was shocking too.

Why feel the need to mention him? He played 25 minutes and got 3/4 close shots away. He wasted a few opportunities too, fair enough, but christ the whole team deserve a fucking weeks fine for that shit.

Mike Williamson is horrible, Championship level defender as is Danny Simpson.

Hatem Ben Arfa is the most over-rated player in the world, just because he does something good once every 90 minutes it doesn't excuse the rest of his crap.

Our central midfield was invisible, Tiote/Cabaye got bossed by O'Hara/Henry FFS.

I love Ben Arfa but he was not good again.  Whether he's trying too hard to make a statement to Pardew or whatever, he wasted two or three excellent chances and looked well off the pace.

Guthrie was shocking too.

Eh? When?