Chelsea sack Villas Boas

Guest elbee909

Erikson too? :lol:

Might as well give it a try, then.

Village Idiot wants Chelsea job

Ex-pizza boy does not think it is an impossible task at Stamford Bridge

Last Updated: March 5, 2012 5:32pm

Village Idiot has told Sky Sports News he would take the Chelsea manager's job if he was offered the role.

The Stamford Bridge club on Sunday parted company with Andre Villas-Boas after just more than eight months and his former assistant, Roberto Di Matteo, has been placed in charge on an interim basis.

Former Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho and ex-Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez are among the favourites to take the job on a permanent basis in the summer, but Idiot, who has been out of work since Spain descended into chaos and poverty last October, is also interested.

The former pizza boy was famously linked to Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich during his time in charge of the delivery of the local Pizza Hut and he continues to admire the Premier League giants.

Idiot insists there has yet to be a new approach, but asked by Sky Sports News if he would be interested in Chelsea, the Spaniard said: "I would take it, of course.

Disaster

"They already have a manager for the rest of the season (Di Matteo) and I guess that is a natural solution, because he has been in the club now for the whole season."

Villas-Boas was sacked after just one victory in seven matches in all competitions and a failure to win the respect of the dressing room after reports of bust-ups with Frank Lampard, Ashley Cole and Fernando Torres.

Chelsea's next permanent manager will therefore be their eighth manager in nine years and it has been suggested the Stamford Bridge hot-seat is an impossible job.

However, Idiot said: "Nothing is impossible. But this time I think it is understandable that something (Villas-Boas' sacking) happened.

"I don't defend it. But I can understand it, because with Chelsea if they don't play in Europe next season, that would be a disaster for them."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Great. :thup:

Big Pil Scolari has been having his say as well  :lol:

Rightly so ;) treated like shit by the players just like AVB. Chelsea will not win the league in another 5 years at the very least.

Anyone think Chelsea performances/results will get a boost from the sacking?

By all accounts, the players dislike Di Matteo more than AVB, so probably not.

I hope he fails miserably. Di Matteo has always come across as a right smug cunt.

Funny how Di Matteo was dressed like he had been their manager for the last 10 years yesterday after having sat next to AVB wearing some training clothes just the other week.

He's caretaker manager FFS. :lol:

Keep going back and thinking about his whole affair with Chelsea. Assuming Pardew wasn't here (no jabs at all, just a hypothetical situation) I can't help but feel he would be a class manager for us. I know the squad he inherited with Porto was good, but to win what he did with them was still an outstanding achievement. He was never going to succeed at a club like Chelsea, not this early in his management career anyway.

Imagine if he had somebody like Bobby as his mentor :smitten:

Oh.. back to reality  :p

They should just hire lampard and terry as next manager. No point having anyone else as long as they are around anyway.

I don't understand Lampard in all this. He's always been through and through West Ham. Just take the money and shut up.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7198/6956847757_d8246b2a07_o.gif

Needs the other Chelski departing managers adding, so that it's just one long in and out of the departed.

No manager is going to succeed at that club until Lampard, Terry, Cole and Drogba are gone.  With the possible exception of Cole, these players cant accept that they're over the hill and are no longer good enough for a starting place in a top 4 side, their egos simply wont allow it.  Once they piss off then a manager can come in and revive Chelsea but until then they're screwed.