Arsenal vs Newcastle United - 12/03/12 @ 8pm (live on Sky) - pre-match thread

Dave

Guest palnese

Szczesny, Sagna, Koscielny, Vermaelen, Gibbs, Song, Arteta, Rosicky, Walcott, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Van Persie.

Substitutes: Fabianski, Djourou, Santos, Ramsey, Benayoun, Gervinho, Chamakh.

God, I know we haven't talked a lot recently and I know that whole "not believing in you" thing might not make you exactly jump to answer my prayers, but if you could see it in your big eternal heart to let us win today, well, I'd appreciate the hell out of it.  Amen.

I still don't think HBA is a number 10 and is a better winger.

This'll be the first time this season he's played the ten role and been up to speed.I reckon we could see him boss it if we can get him on the ball enough

Guest BooBoo

Not sure about Obertan's involvement but it sensible to play with one up top after the Spurs shambles.

No reflection on Cisse either, his time will come.

This really doesn't bode well if we're only going to play one up front everytime we're underdogs like.

I think I heard only two teams have played 4-4-2 at the Emirates this season and one of them was Spurs (5-2), wouldn't read that much into it.

Pleased benayoun is on the bench,he's one of those players that always puts in a shift and has a great range of passes.arsene should be playing him more,hopefully ox will have an off game and RVP too.if so,we're getting a point at least

#NUFC v #AFC (4-4-1-1): Krul; Simpson, Williamson, Coloccini ©, Santon; Obertan, Cabaye, Tiote, Gutierrez; Ben Arfa; Ba

NUFC substitutes v #AFC: Elliot, Perch, Guthrie, Gosling, Vuckic, Shola Ameobi, Cisse. #newcastle #epl

where is ferguson ?! perch is the only defender

#NUFC v #AFC (4-4-1-1): Krul; Simpson, Williamson, Coloccini ©, Santon; Obertan, Cabaye, Tiote, Gutierrez; Ben Arfa; Ba

NUFC substitutes v #AFC: Elliot, Perch, Guthrie, Gosling, Vuckic, Shola Ameobi, Cisse. #newcastle #epl

where is ferguson ?! perch is the only defender

injured.

If it's true Raylor is out reckon we might see:

Tiote - Cabaye

Obertan                          Jonas

HBA

Ba

Arsenal will dominate possession so keep Tiote and Cabaye deeper and try to hit with pace on the break - Ba should be able to find space among their dodgy defenders.

I'd play that anyway but I'm ultra cautious.

Disco for England!