Arsenal vs Newcastle United - 12/03/12 @ 8pm (live on Sky) - pre-match thread

Dave

Guest Craig-NUFC

Going to need Obertan to get tracking back. Don't think Simpson will have the pace to handle Oxlade-Chamberlain/Walcott. Think Santon will manage alright, just so long as he doesn't push up as much as usual. Also hoping we're not playing a high line. Pardew isn't stupid enough to do that today though, right?

Could anyone recommend a bar to watch this in Leeds city centre? Cheers

Dunno if I'd recommend it but it'll defo be on in Sports Bar opposite the Town Hall.

There's another pub further down on Headrow towards Burley Street that's a bit better, I used to go there when we were in the Championship.

Dunno if I'd recommend it but it'll defo be on in Sports Bar opposite the Town Hall.

Elbow Rooms is good for football, watched a lot in there when I lived down that neck of Leeds. The bait is canny too. Bottom of Call Lane.

Thought it was canny when I went. Very student-y though.

Will be interesting to see what Obertan can do after his time out. His confidence was shot, but he scored mid week for the stiffs, so maybe he has had time to get his mind in the right place. Overall, I think 4-5-1 is the correct starting set up for this match. Also nice to have Cisse on the bench to bring some genuine quality on if we are chasing the game.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Sounds like 4-5-1

Sounds like 4-4-1-1

Sounds like 4-6-0

Sounds like...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_6K3mBYizmxY/THXBhJI_edI/AAAAAAAAAd4/IjpkfiK_tqU/s400/the+rock.jpg

IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT IT SOUNDS LIKE!

Guest VaVaVoom

I actually think AP has got the line up spot on.

Ben Arfa in the hole behind Ba and dropping into a 5 man midfield if needed. Jonas and Obertans pace to get at their fullbacks.

Confident! Should be a good contest!