Arsenal vs Newcastle United - 12/03/12 @ 8pm (live on Sky) - pre-match thread

Dave

The golden rule for sitting in the home end at an away game is: as long as you can restrain yourself emotionally (if we score, decisions going for/against us), then things should be fine.

Would there really be that much bother at a place like the Emirates, even if you did do the occasional moan?  Obviously it isn't America but surely it can't be that bad?  You wouldn't get your ass kicked or anything, right?  Just a bunch of banter?

The golden rule for sitting in the home end at an away game is: as long as you can restrain yourself emotionally (if we score, decisions going for/against us), then things should be fine.

Would there really be that much bother at a place like the Emirates, even if you did do the occasional moan?  Obviously it isn't America but surely it can't be that bad?  You wouldn't get your ass kicked or anything, right?  Just a bunch of banter?

The way I see it is that it's better to be safe than sorry. The Emirates might be a bit laid back but I personally wouldn't risk doing anything against what's considered the norm there.

The way I see it is that it's better to be safe than sorry. The Emirates might be a bit laid back but I personally wouldn't risk doing anything against what's considered the norm there.

Agreed. The danger I'd say is someone would get pissed off and report you to a steward who would then eject you from the ground for being in the home end rather than the away end.

You'd very possibly get a slap and more likely if you were open about it would induce abuse from a wide area of fans around you which would attract the attention of the stewards and the dibble and you'd either be thrown out or arrested.

Arsenal has this perception of being a soft touch whereas Islington, Holloway and Finsbury Park are pretty rough areas and you're as likely to get a dig here as you are anywhere.

I think we'll get beat but I just wish we'd go there with the sort of attitude Swansea showed against City. Be confident enough to defend stoutly but play football at the same time. Arsenal are in form but their defence can be got at and we have the players to do it. We just need to have a good game plan and believe in ourselves. None of this "let's have a go we can afford to lose" bullshit that we went in against Spurs with.

Guest Craig-NUFC

Spurs losing gives me a bit of confidence for tonight since Arsenal like screwing up any opportunity handed to them on a plate.

You'd very possibly get a slap and more likely if you were open about it would induce abuse from a wide area of fans around you which would attract the attention of the stewards and the dibble and you'd either be thrown out or arrested.

Arsenal has this perception of being a soft touch whereas Islington, Holloway and Finsbury Park are pretty rough areas and you're as likely to get a dig here as you are anywhere.

If your in the wrong end just sit quiet and watch the game, I know if I had a arsenal fan sitting next to me at sjp The most annoying thing he could do is act like one

From a French journo's Twitter

Julien Laurens ‏ @LaurensJulien  Reply  Retweeted  Favorite · Open

I have just been told that Hatem Ben Arfa is starting tonight for Newcastle at Arsenal ! Finally ! #afc #nufc

:frantic: :frantic: :frantic:

a) He's working for Le Parisien. Good enough for me :fwap:

b) Another twitter fag :yao:

Quite looking forward to this. Not too hopeful about the result, but I'm expecting HBA to start especially with Taylor absent. Hopefully he isn't made a scapegoat if we lose badly, as it would've been on the cards regardless.

I'd take a 2 goal loss as long as we pick up no injuries and no bans.  That for me would be a result.

Nah man,RVP for me is the difference.if he has an off game we can get something here but we can only get something if we play positively at a really high tempo.the times we've beaten them have been when we've rushed them.Im hopeful of something

Think we can get a result but I see us conceding at least 2. Don't fancy Danny Simpson or Mike Williamson against their style of football at all. A few weeks ago I would have said we could win but they've been phenomenal of late, and RVP is ridiculous. I know hoofball sucks but anything which keeps the ball away from their midfield for extend periods will be a plus. Also think their midfield three will overrun Tiote and Cabaye if we play 4-4-2 - this happened at home to Wolves, and they're shit.