Arsenal vs Newcastle United - 12/03/12 @ 8pm (live on Sky) - pre-match thread

Dave

I remember i was stuck watching final score at home on a laptop and I texted mate who couldn't watch the game either saying don't look at score.

the series of texts that followed were increasingly mental :D

The atmosphere in the stadium was unreal like. Felt like it was going to lift out of its foundations.

Aye. I usually sit at Platinum Club when i'm over, but for that match i bought tickets in the Gallowgate. It was absolutly mental.

I agree, although in theory they should mean a chance to actually enjoy the weekend without the football ruining it. :lol:

In theory yes, but seeing as i've spent 4 hours at Casualty waiting for my daughters broken hand to be fixed it ain't all that.

Wouldn't have happened if we'd played today as i'd have been watching the match rather than watching her go arse over tit off her bmx off a bmx ramp at the park.

Guest palnese

NUFC: Harper; Simpson, Williamson, Coloccini, Enrique; Lovenkrands, Barton, Tiote, Nolan, Gutierrez; Best.

Subs: Krul, Perch, Campbell, Guthrie, Richardson, Ferguson, Ranger.

AFC: Szczesny; Sagna, Djourou, Koscielny, Clichy; Diaby, Wilshere, Fabregas; Walcott, Arshavin, Van Persie.

Subs: Almunia, Squillaci, Eboue, Gibbs, Rosicky, Chamakh, Bendtner.

The lineups from the 4-4 match.

How on earth did we manage to pull four back with that side? :lol:

NUFC: Harper; Simpson, Williamson, Coloccini, Enrique; Lovenkrands, Barton, Tiote, Nolan, Gutierrez; Best.

Subs: Krul, Perch, Campbell, Guthrie, Richardson, Ferguson, Ranger.

AFC: Szczesny; Sagna, Djourou, Koscielny, Clichy; Diaby, Wilshere, Fabregas; Walcott, Arshavin, Van Persie.

Subs: Almunia, Squillaci, Eboue, Gibbs, Rosicky, Chamakh, Bendtner.

The lineups from the 4-4 match.

How on earth did we manage to pull four back with that side? :lol:

Best and Barton both played a blinder in the 2nd half iirc and Ranger tbf had a good cameo.

Ranger was absolutely excellent, nearly made the winner for Nolan too. Easy to forget how much he changed games against Liverpool and Arsenal. Skinned Koscielny at the Emirates too ending up in his dismissal.

I actually would have died if that Nolan shot had gone in like :lol: I was struggling to breath as it was.

Best moment from that was from the full time whistle where we all went mental apart me dad who just had a bit of a smile on his face - I was like "You not happy??" and he replied "Aye, it was good. Just wish we'd got the draw". "Err....we did. 4-4". "Ah s*** really? I thought they'd scored 5" :lol: :lol:

:lol:

I was similar after the Man City game last season, got in at 1-0 down without realising then they were 2-0 up almost immediately, I thought Carroll had equalised then Tevez had won it 2-1. Didn't realise until I got into town and got the internet back that it had finished 3-1.

decisions decisions can't see pardew going 4-4-2 with ba and cisse.

pards option 1....ben arfa playing behind ba, taylor or obertan on the right.

pards option 2....ben arfa wide right with another body brought into the middle

pards option 3....taylor or oertan wide right with another body in the middle.

The atmosphere in the stadium was unreal like. Felt like it was going to lift out of its foundations.

absolute madness, was in level 7...tiotes went in and there seemed like a massive rush towards the cockneys :lol: whole of my block seemed to run at them...best atmosphere i've felt including the 5-1 game

ridiculously loud

Ranger was absolutely excellent, nearly made the winner for Nolan too. Easy to forget how much he changed games against Liverpool and Arsenal. Skinned Koscielny at the Emirates too ending up in his dismissal.

Aye, it's a pity he's gone from being almost late to being a drunken arse who seems to smack anybody within reach.

absolute madness, was in level 7...tiotes went in and there seemed like a massive rush towards the cockneys :lol: whole of my block seemed to run at them...best atmosphere i've felt including the 5-1 game

ridiculously loud

Imagine being an Arsenal fan at that game. I hate it when i hear the roar when the other teams scores so i wouldn't have liked to hear that roar when Tiotes went in.

Remember listening to the Arsenal fans on the radio the next day... Very complimentary about the atmosphere saying they hadn't heard anything like it... Said the whole mood of the ground change when we scored our first... They described it as a "Bear Pit!"...