Arsenal vs Newcastle United - 12/03/12 @ 8pm (live on Sky) - pre-match thread

Dave

Typical that we'd get them when they're probably in the best form of their season. The likes of Rosicky and Song have stepped up the last couple of weeks, that coupled with Ox and RvP in attack and Sagna back means I think we'll do well to get a point.

Would like to see:

Krul

Raylor    Williamson  Colo    Santon

Obertan  Tiote      Cabaye    Jonas

Hatem

Ba

Guest Brynn

I reckon HBA will play but I also think Santon will drop out.

I'd go along with this as i think Santon is a good attacking footballer but gets caught upfield too much/isn't disciplined enough.

For the record, it certainly isn't what I would do, Santon would be one of the first names on the teamsheet for me, our only competent attacking full back.

Spot on, for all his doubts defensively he is certainly no worse than Ryan Taylor and infinitely more capable going forward. Shouldnt even be a discussion.

Guest FeedTheOx

As an Arsenal fan I hope we can win. But I see a 1-1. :morph: :kinnear:

Arsenal fan? Sounds pretty Gash to me

:fuuu:

Guest BooBoo

We're conceding far too many goals at the minute, especially away and unfortunately I think this could well be another one where we could quite feasibly ship 3 or more goals.

If we play a high line a la WHL it'll be another bumming.

Dull as fuck but I'd be looking to sit deep, frustrate and pack the middle. Break the game up early doors via winning FKs and look for set pieces and then grow in to the game when the crowd get frustrated.

If Spurs get beat tomorrow their crowd will be up too, especially given recent results.

FFS man thats probably about as strong as a side as they can pick apart from Wilshere  :rant: mind you bar Williamson you could say the same about us.

I am not expecting anything and usually when that happens we play well or win so iam hoping we can get something again or atleast run them close.

Shame we could'nt win the two home games because then i could'nt frankly care about the result considering where those results would have left us it would be almost like a free game......

Oh well.

LOL @ Not sure if Gusta btw  :lol:

A win in this match would be massive. Obviously away at Arsenal is a fixture most (including me) expect to lose, but it's been too long since we won a match and there are form teams approaching fast.

A win in this match would be massive. Obviously away at Arsenal is a fixture most (including me) expect to lose, but it's been too long since we won a match and there are form teams approaching fast.

sadly i fear a hammering,  Spurs defeat to Everton has just given Arsenal an extra incentive to win as the 3 points puts them a point behind Spurs.

Guest Stephen927

Pardew has talked about the need to win to keep European dreams going... Ben Arfa absolutely must start.