Arsenal vs Newcastle United - 12/03/12 @ 8pm (live on Sky) - pre-match thread

Dave

I'm a bit unsure of how this one will go. I have a sneaking suspicion we might snatch a result, but at the same time think if they get ahead, they'll fucking murder us. We shall see.

The thing is if we concentrate on what our first 11 is good at we should be going and attacking teams every single week, if we'd done that since Saylor got injured we'd be 5/6 points better off easily imo. I'd fancy our front 6 against most teams, especially Arsenal.

The thing is if we concentrate on what our first 11 is good at we should be going and attacking teams every single week, if we'd done that since Saylor got injured we'd be 5/6 points better off easily imo. I'd fancy our front 6 against most teams, especially Arsenal.

Aye going forward I think we can cause some damage, and in midfield we can contain them also. I just think Van Persie is phenomenal and unless Colo' man marks him I cannot see us not conceding. In addition to this, I can only see us telling Williamson to man mark and Colo' to sweep due to his technical and mental ability. If this is the case Williamson will be given the run-around imo.

Aye going forward I think we can cause some damage, and in midfield we can contain them also. I just think Van Persie is phenomenal and unless Colo' man marks him I cannot see us not conceding. In addition to this, I can only see us telling Williamson to man mark and Colo' to sweep due to his technical and mental ability. If this is the case Williamson will be given the run-around imo.

We can if we pass the ball about a bit and concentrate on making chances for our strikers, who are canny fucking good. Especially at home to Wolves, who's record reads scored 0 conceded 7 since we played them. Anyway I digress.

“It affects my mindset in terms of do I want to win the game, but we’ve got to be in the game,” he said. “At Tottenham (where Newcastle conceded three goals in the first 20 minutes), we didn’t have a way back. We were dead and buried at half-time.

“We have to be in the game with ten or 15 minutes to go and, if we are, I won’t settle for a draw, for sure.”

:thup:

I am worried.  My away record this season has been appalling.

I turned down a ticket on the basis that my record's shit and we need all the points we can get.  Might give the rest of the season a miss tbh. :lol:

You're welcome lads.

No "letting our hair down" again. Try to keep the ball and don't defend for 90 minutes, but we can't commit too many players going forward as they'll murder us if they get too much space (much like Spurs did).

I'd really like to see 4-5-1 with Cissé dropped today. Guthrie and Cabaye in front of Tioté and Ben Arfa/Jonas on the wings. It will allow us to keep the ball and pass it around with quick wide players and Demba to hurt them behind their defence. I reckon Demba can beat Koscielny for strength and Benny can probably cause whoever they play at LB a lot of trouble.

Guest BooBoo

Personally I'd like to see:

Krul

Simpson Willo Colo Santon

Tiote Guthrie

HBA.          Cabaye.  Jonas

Ba

Krul

Simpson  Williamson  Colo  Santon

Tiote        Cabaye

Jonas              Ba              Ben Arfa

Cisse

Krul

Simpson  Williamson  Colo  Santon

Tiote        Cabaye

Jonas              Ba              Ben Arfa

Cisse

Looks good. Can't see Pardew suddenly deciding to change Ben Arfa and Jonas though.

Can't get my head round people wanting Cisse dropped.

me either, 2 in his first 4 games in the premier league  :lol:

Because we want five in the midfield :idiot2:

Can only agree with everyone has said above. We should go for it but at the same time play smart. The last thing we want to do though is to play it long all the time. Arsenal will have plenty of the ball anyway, so the few times we will have it we must play it smart and keep it with the team.

HATEM BEN ARFA MUST START!

Guest Brazilianbob

When our players (Simpson, Cabaye, Ameobi) start talking about getting into Europa league etc, I get really worried.  Its usually a sign that we will get a good spanking!