Arsenal 2 - 1 Newcastle United - 12/03/12 - post-match reaction from page 50

Nate

Hoof doesnt work. Hoof doesnt work.Hoof doesnt work. Hoof doesnt work. Hoof doesnt work. Sound familiar?.

Shocking.

wonder what Pardew was thinking at half time "Hmm playing on the ground and we've not been too bad, time to try out hoof ball now!"

I actually thought we were relatively organised, if a bit fortuitous, as the game went on. Absolutely no reason why we had to sit back and defend the draw though.

Just don't get Pardew at the minute. If we don't beat Norwich there'll be some serious alarm bells. Overachieving or not, we're not looking good at the moment.

Guest BooBoo

And why was Santon taken off? He actually tried to run forward with the ball. f***ing Pardew. I hate this.

Perch was infinitely better defensively.

Which is quite worrying tbf.

Krul 7

Simpson 7

Williamson 3

Colo 7

Santon 3 (Perch 6)

HBA 1st half 8 2nd 6 frozen out

Cabaye 5 Worst game for us so far

Tiote 7 (Guthrie N/A)

Jonas 7

Obertan 6 (Shola 7)

Ba 7

No way Williamson deserves a three he had a decent game.

And why was Santon taken off? He actually tried to run forward with the ball. f***ing Pardew. I hate this.

Which is quite worrying tbf.

It is if we plan to keep Simpson and Santon as our RB and LB, respectively. Santon will grow into the league - but not in a position that is clearly not his.

if you look at the whole game Simpson was arguably our best player....kept chamberlaine in his pocket. On a side note did anybody else just want Krul to smash RVP in the face?!

Yes haha and would have took pleasure in it. The ban he'd get wouldn't be worth it though.

What the f*** did Williamson do wrong? :lol:

Did you see Arsenals first goal?

On his own with Colo covering Santon, plenty of room for a fast world class player in RVP to turn a rather slow Williamson. Hardly terrible defending, just caught out as a team and he couldn't do enough as the last defender against a brilliant player in form.

Williamson made some great defensive headers tonight, in particular late on.

What were we doing with eight players in their half, five near the eighteen yard box at that point in the game? We've completely shot ourselves in the foot.

We had 4/5 players alone up in that corner. It should have been HBA throwing to Shola, nothing more. Rank unprofessionalism, as was the desperate lack of just fouling someone when they got the ball and taking a yellow.

To save me reading 53 pages, what exactly did Van Persie do? I know him and Krul have had some kind of run-in, but people on here are slating Van Persie and I'm not sure what for. What have I missed?

Nah, got raped by Walcott on numerous occasions. Thought Santon did well. And for his offensive contributions alone he should stay on the pitch. The hoofball and protecting the 1 point obviously didn't work. You don't fucking say.

Cabaye - worst ive seen him play

HBA - great when we actually played it, obviously not going to feature in a negative hoofball game

Perch - did a very solid job, definitely better than what Santon was doing

Season will be won and lost in the next 5 games, they're all winnable, play as we did for the first 30 mins and we'll be fine.