Arsenal 2 - 1 Newcastle United - 12/03/12 - post-match reaction from page 50

Nate

Guest Spark

Worst throw-in of all time. Everything was wrong about it.

I genuinely don't understand it. I was screaming at the screen. What a thick cunt.

Guest firetotheworks

Why did Santon go off?

Defensive burdon. He still has a tom of potential, but Coloccini and Jonas had to cover for him going forward for most of the first half.

I thought Williamson was fucking terrible, cabaye was shit also n obertan is also shit.

Our hoof ball to ba was such a waste of time, we have to start playing from the back rather than this, every time he either never won it or not 1 person was around to take advantage, shit tactic

Thought Guthrie was turbo shit, did he touch the ball?

Big up Mr T was quality I thought, only him and Colo look like they would fit in arsenal team

Van Persie has always been a class A cunt. Can't remember exactly, but that game ages ago in the world cup when Holland played Mexico or a South American team and four players got sent off, hated him ever since then. Kind of stopped hating him as much recently but it's gone right back up to its natural level again. Krul should have chinned him

Decent Performance, hopefully that means Ben Arfa start for now on oh and Ba is never a target man in a million years......

He's best when he drops deep and runs at defenders or attacks the ball from deep and defenders dont pick him up.

He's an SS in my view, he should never play upfront on his own.

Hopefully we can go on and get enough points to get 6th because i dont think we deserve anything less.

Seems we lost the passing game we got in earlier season. wonder why?.... also we seem cant get out from pressure at all we playing poorly... we got the goal only from a moment of magic of ben arfa... but for the rest of the game he is quite fail drive us forward.

On the plus side the hammering everyone predicted never happened, they really are poor in front of goal with one obvious exception.

As for us, it's heartening to see us play a formation where we have the opportunity to pass, however we've been hoofing it for so long that our players just look clueless in possession in the middle of the pitch. It's not just the defenders either, Jonas, Tiote, Cabaye, all of them good players and looking totally redundant when we've got the ball.

krul 6.5 , made a few good saves and delayed and slowed the flow of the goons

simpson 7 not as many longballs, cleared off the line twice.  did well, got cramps in the end,

colo. 7, just did the business

willo 6, played well 2nd half, was struggling in the first

santon 3, just horrible, lost count of many times he was out of position

HBA 7, mature display, worked hard, scored.

cabaye,  4, struggled off the pace, improved a bit in the 2nd half,

tiote 7 played well, solid

obertan, 4.5, did very well in the first 20min then faded.

jonas, 5.5 worked hard as usual cover the fullbacks asses

Ba 4.5 poor, could not make it stick, struggles in the air, cant hold onto the lacked service.

shola,5.5 did his best

perch, 6 did his best. adaquate display.

guth 5, was quite passive

pardew 5.5, only really wanted a point, the tactics werent all bad.

crowd 2.5, whinging gits like le boss wenger.

Tiote our MoM in my opinion. Excellent throughout, Cabaye lost two many 50/50s and Obertan got worse as the night went on. Overall I thought we were well organised and defended well but both goals were poor ones to concede. Perch did very well coming on for Santon, but its clear we've missed S.Taylor as Williamson just isn't good enough.

Proud of the lads, we've been here before and we'll bounce back. Have to beat Norwich, too many games without a win.

Tiote our MoM in my opinion. Excellent throughout, Cabaye lost two many 50/50s and Obertan got worse as the night went on. Overall I thought we were well organised and defended well but both goals were poor ones to concede. Perch did very well coming on for Santon, but its clear we've missed S.Taylor as Williamson just isn't good enough.

Proud of the lads, we've been here before and we'll bounce back. Have to beat Norwich, too many games without a win.

Good post.

Guest guinness_fiend

Van Persie has always been a class A c***. Can't remember exactly, but that game ages ago in the world cup when Holland played Mexico or a South American team and four players got sent off, hated him ever since then. Kind of stopped hating him as much recently but it's gone right back up to its natural level again. Krul should have chinned him

I'd have done the same.  Krul was taking the piss with his time wasting.  He was always going to give him grief if Arsenal snatched a goal.

Guest guinness_fiend

Agreed.

Agreed.

:thup:

Agreed.

Aye. Lets settle down. We held Arsenal, who have just demolished Milan and Spurs, for 94 minutes.

It feels shit, but I'm confident we'll beat Norwich at the weekend and finish 6th. HTL etc.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Perfectly summed up

As a personal anecdote, my biggest disappointment tonight was Van Persie's behaviour vis a vis Krul. I have admired Van Persie as a talent from the days when he was just a teenager playing for my hometown club (Feyenoord), loved the fact he values the love of the game above anything else (wants to finish his career at Excelsior Rotterdam, his first club as a boy). Have always wanted him to do well, for Feyenoord, Arsenal and Holland of course. Have loved his technique, but also his modesty and professionalism. Tonight he has made a mockery of himself in his feud with Krul, a fellow national team player, whom he should be supporting or at least respecting as a colleague and an exceptional talent. I am utterly disappointed in him to the point where I almost feel betrayed by my respect for him all these years..  :blackeye:

You had respect for a rapist?

Of course, he was set up by that gold digging broad man..