Arsenal 2 - 1 Newcastle United - 12/03/12 - post-match reaction from page 50

Nate

Guest Vinkent

Simpson isn't even making an effort to get back there.

f***ing tosser.

Somebody has to take the Steven-Taylor-Kamikaze-Run-Baton if he's out injured... :lol:

What were we doing with eight players in their half, five near the eighteen yard box at that point in the game? We've completely shot ourselves in the foot.

We had 4/5 players alone up in that corner. It should have been HBA throwing to Shola, nothing more. Rank unprofessionalism, as was the desperate lack of just fouling someone when they got the ball and taking a yellow.

:thup:

RVP and Krul, that was boiling up throughout the match, as krul slowed the game down by holding the ball as long as possible, doing things like, waiting for RVP to come close then pick up the ball, hold onto it before the 6 second rule then kick it,

krul did that all night, perfectly legal, was clearly a tactic encouraged by pardew to stifle the crowd and slow down the flow of the arsenal.

Guest BooBoo

I hope so because I've seen little from Santon to suggest he'll be a decent full back. From what I've seen he'd be more adept in wide midfield. I'm not righting him off before the hystericals jump down my throat, but it's ominous when the maligned Perch came on and looked far more at ease defending.

What were we doing with eight players in their half, five near the eighteen yard box at that point in the game? We've completely shot ourselves in the foot.

We had 4/5 players alone up in that corner. It should have been HBA throwing to Shola, nothing more. Rank unprofessionalism, as was the desperate lack of just fouling someone when they got the ball and taking a yellow.

Aye, I found myself shouting 'kick him, fucking kick him' when it became clear how short we were at the back.

And why was Santon taken off? He actually tried to run forward with the ball. f***ing Pardew. I hate this.

Perch was infinitely better defensively.

Nah, got raped by Walcott on numerous occasions. Thought Santon did well. And for his offensive contributions alone he should stay on the pitch. The hoofball and protecting the 1 point obviously didn't work. You don't f***ing say.

They said on the commentary that Santon had slight groin strain.

"We just didn't have the legs to see it through." - Pardew.

We wouldn't have needed the legs if they'd all been where they fucking should have. A fullback 90 yards up the pitch ffs.

:thup:

Agreed. Don't know what the hell we were doing. If we were happy to sit and defend the draw for the entirety of the half, it takes the piss that we 'went for it' in the last few seconds anyway. Was ridiculously immature from players and manager.

Some pretty disgusting attempts to get back n'all, it's got to be said.

Absolute suicide pill. Fucking gutted.

Guest Spark

I'm sorry but I really don't think that was an amazing turn by Van Persie. Williamson was on his arse far too easily. Apart from that he had a good game, though.

Can't get over how many men we had in their half when we lost that ball from the throw-in. Incredible.

If it was a competent throw-in then Arsenal would have had to clear it out aimlessly and we would have been able to recover possession and maybe attack. The throw was fucking useless and they came out far too quick for us to get back. Mental lapse, disappointing.

I hope so because I've seen little from Santon to suggest he'll be a decent full back. From what I've seen he'd be more adept in wide midfield. I'm not righting him off before the hystericals jump down my throat, but it's ominous when the maligned Perch came on and looked far more at ease defending.

agreed unfortunately. obviously would prefer to see him in RB but by no means guaranteed that he'll adapt or improve.

So Pardew saying Simpson was injured... but couldn't be replaced as we had used all our subs...

Why was he taking a throw in then?

Arsenal deserved three points. But to lose it like this and with Van Persies smugface. Oh man do I feel like punching his fucking face in. Disgusting 

Can't get over how many men we had in their half when we lost that ball from the throw-in. Incredible.

Trying to win it.. fair enough BUT Pardew saying Simpson was injured and we had made all of our changes if thats the case THEN WHY THE FUCK DID DANNY FEEL THE FUCKING NEED TO GO THAT FAR UP THE FUCKING BASTARD PITCH KNOWING HE WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO GET FUCKING BACK, IDIOTIC CUNT

Aye, I found myself shouting 'kick him, fucking kick him' when it became clear how short we were at the back.

It's a daft thing but it's something the top teams excel at, Man United in particular. You need to be of a certain way of thinking to do it though.