Arsenal 2 - 1 Newcastle United - 12/03/12 - post-match reaction from page 50

Nate

Seems to me that Cabaye has been told to sit deeper than Tiote. I would swap them two and also send Obertan out right and give Ben Arfa the free role.

Interesting what Pardew said in the week about needing to be still in the game with 15 to go. I wonder if there is any chance of us going two up front if its still level then.

Tiote needs to start paSsing forward, cabaye needs to stay in position, defnd a little higher and we are the match of this lot.

Ba hasn't had a bouncew his way neither ben arfa apart from that sublime left foot... Only one plce where it couldn't be saved.

By the way, Colo, my wife is yours... Unreal! (Him, not her!)!

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

That celebration must be a French thing. Danny Simpson tries to join in but starts jumping around like he's in Bijou.

Decent half really, although surprised that most of our attacks have broken down from a minor mistake over great Arsenal defending. Wonderful goal from Ben Arfa, such a shame we couldn't protect it for long!

Obertan has been decent with the ball, however he is appearing randomly across the pitch. Doesn't seem to know where he's needed most at times positionally. Cabaye is too deep and never really getting on the ball to do much with it. Jonas has been working hard but can't beat his man with or get a ball past him much. Santon looks a bit lost at times and seems Jonas and Colo don't trust him so cover for him continously. That has to stop, with Taylor in the middle we had someone who could handle the pressure better than Williamson if Colo went walkies. Simpson has had a quiet game as Arsenal have focussed more down the left. Tiote has been ok is mostly chasing shadows and giving the odd foul away.

We need to keep the ball better and not lose it so cheaply. If we can do that there is no reason why couldn't get something out of the game. Sadly I think we won't do that well enough and Arsenal have the ability depth to take it up a gear and punish us.

silly challenge towards the end by tiote, thought he was gonna get booked.

santon so far has been making our other fullback mr simpson look like world class, well done lad.

first 20mins i thought obertan was having a blinder with those cutting first touch passes .

cabaye another disappointing outing from the lad.  williamson looked comical.

the goal celebration pretty much summed up how we been playing for the last dozen of games, like zombies.

You what?, he got to the ball first.

Plus marks for: Pardew's Tactics and team selection, Ben Arfa, Tiote, Krul annoying RVP

Negative marks for: Williamson (we all knew he had no pace but he normally at least had a defensive brain, neither have been evident this year, have to replace in the summer), Cabaye (getting stuck in but some woeful possession and passing. Inability to pass the ball and keep possession, communication and marking at the back.

Side note: Other than McMannaman being a prick about the Manure win, the commentary has been decent. The are giving Obertan a hard time, I don't think he is doing too bad tbh, got the assist. Just looks a little out of place at times going forward he is harrassing and getting back better than Ba in that position though.

Can take these if we sharpen the fuck up at the back, talk to each other, stop giving needless possession turn overs from brainless passes.

Colo keeps playing it long too often, as if he's feeling the need to after holding onto it for a while. Play it out, man.

Cabaye, Jonas and Obertan haven't been great. Ben Arfa will score goals in the final third if we get him on the ball.

yes he does because his CB partner is shaky as hell with ball

Simpson and Santon have been excellent. 

Mike Williamson's s***, I'd sooner have Perch start.

I think Santon has been poor defensively. Cabaye also not having a good game. Obertan anonymous

Failure to buy a centre half in January will possibly cost us a European place. Williamson sadly just isn't up to the job.

Totally.

Thing is he never was supposed to be our main centre back, injury and lack of squad depth has led us to this point.

Frankly we deserved to concede an immediate equalizer if that was the goal celebration.

?

HE SAID WE DESERVED TO CONCEDE AN IMMEDIATE EQUALIZER IF THAT WAS THE GOAL CELEBRATION!

No need for capslock you...

you what?.... Were you about to call me an asshole?

http://www.replikultes.net/medias/uploads/films/full_metal_jacket/full_metal_jacket_08_gueule.jpg

:lol:

Has Santon been that bad like? I know RVP has had williamson doing about 300 rpm at times

fucking liability, counted more than 10 times he was out of position,  no agression, doesnt attack the ball when its in the air.

the kid seems comfortable as a winger, sadly he forgot he's suppose to be playing as left back.

Much better from us. Arsenal have only created one real chance other than the goal. We have looked dangerous. Cabaye has been missing but he is playing deeper than Tiote. Obertan has been more of the same. I'd like to see someone replace Obertan half way through this half.

Frankly we deserved to concede an immediate equalizer if that was the goal celebration.

?

HE SAID WE DESERVED TO CONCEDE AN IMMEDIATE EQUALIZER IF THAT WAS THE GOAL CELEBRATION!

No need for capslock you...

you what?.... Were you about to call me an asshole?

http://www.replikultes.net/medias/uploads/films/full_metal_jacket/full_metal_jacket_08_gueule.jpg

:lol:

Oh and Ba was getting the key to the city in Arsenals penalty box for the first half hour. They were playing so high and not picking him up. One point Guti should have played him clean through alot earlier which could well have resulted in our second goal.