Arsenal 2 - 1 Newcastle United - 12/03/12 - post-match reaction from page 50

Nate

Half time. Thumbs up to Colo, Ben Arfa, Tiote and Obertan. Thumbs down to Santon, Willo and Cabaye..

Obe gets a thumbs up? Are we back at this that anyone performing above their capacity gets credit even though theyve been nowhere near good enough.

Got an assist, some decent passes and some good early pressure. Also some horrible first touches, but certainly a positive performance overall..

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

All things considered, a good half. Atleast theres an intention behind the play.

Somewhat disappointed at the moment and confused. I'm stuck between pleased with how its went, but feel like we haven't really tried (if that makes sense). Its been a bit flat all over really. 

Half time. Thumbs up to Colo, Ben Arfa, Tiote and Obertan. Thumbs down to Santon, Willo and Cabaye..

Agree. They've dominated possession and it actually feels like we're losing because there wasn't time to properly savour our goal, but let's not forget it's only 1-1. We look dangerous going forward at times. Problem is when we lose it whilst doing so, that's when they look most likely to put us to the sword.

HT.

Krul hasn't had a save to make. We've done well. No malo, definitely.

This is only because RVP's two chances were so clear that Krul wouldn't have been involved.

I'm not really sure what Obertan is meant to be doing here. Credit to him because he is working hard defensively, but he is struggling to find a role when we go forward. The player is not suited to the center at all.

Guest BooBoo

Cabaye has been garbage so far has to be said.

Playing so deep, but having only a minimal impact on the game.

All in all alright. I'd take the point and we came back into it after the period Arsenal were all over us. Playing more on the deck than have been, Ben Arfa looking bright, Ba quiet, Obertan okish. Arsenal are the better team but not unexpected, think we could score again, dunno if we can stop them scoring again.

Trouble is, Ba's getting fuck all service. Santon seemed nervous as fuck in the beginning, improve slightly as the game went on. Colo and Tiote having a great game.

Noone is closing Sagna or Walcott down, even when we do they just throw themselves on the floor, intact every time we get the ball and Arsenal player throws himself on the floor.

For all of their possession though Arsenal have created very little, however this has hallmarks of the Liverpool game to me.

Obertan is just running around like a headless chicken, really someone else could slot in there and do his job instead, I've lost count of the time their was one of our players making a run through their defence and he passes it back to our defence.

We need to close down more and bit a little quicker on the break.

Also I wish we weren't so sporting, fucking hell how many times has it came back and bit us on the arse?

silly challenge towards the end by tiote, thought he was gonna get booked.

santon so far has been making our other fullback mr simpson look like world class, well done lad.

first 20mins i thought obertan was having a blinder with those cutting first touch passes .

cabaye another disappointing outing from the lad.  williamson looked comical.

the goal celebration pretty much summed up how we been playing for the last dozen of games, like zombies.

Frankly we deserved to concede an immediate equalizer if that was the goal celebration.

?

HE SAID WE DESERVED TO CONCEDE AN IMMEDIATE EQUALIZER IF THAT WAS THE GOAL CELEBRATION!

No need for capslock you...

you what?.... Were you about to call me an asshole?

http://www.replikultes.net/medias/uploads/films/full_metal_jacket/full_metal_jacket_08_gueule.jpg

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Colo keeps playing it long too often, as if he's feeling the need to after holding onto it for a while. Play it out, man.

Cabaye, Jonas and Obertan haven't been great. Ben Arfa will score goals in the final third if we get him on the ball.