Newcastle United vs Norwich - 18/3/12 @4pm (Live on Sky) - Pre-match thread

Stifler

Not confident at all about this one. Norwich are a big hard working team who know exactly what they are about whereas we seem to be floundering between formations week to week. I think a draw might be the best we'll get out of this one without a more positive approach.

Would dearly love to get a result against these. I'll be watching with a bunch of in-bred Norfolk natives so it would be great to even the score after the debacle at their place in December.

As has been said, they'll be well drilled, organised, and very hard to beat. Not especially optimistic tbh.

I think Santon and HBA on the same flank lacks any kind of solidity, and Raylor is a terrible fullback.

Simpson doesn't deserve to be dropped for Raylor based on last night's performance.

fair do's, don't even know why i bothered to be honest, i'm just avoiding an assignment  :lol:

Krul

Simpson  Willi Colo    Perch

Santon    Tiote Cabaye Jonas

Arfa

Ba

We need to dick these to get some confidence back. A scrappy win is still a win, but I'm not convinced about our direction as a team at the moment. Not expecting or demanding a hammering of course, but we need to show a lot more promise than we have in recent months.

Hopefully Pardew won't make the same mistakes as he did against Wolves. Launching the ball long to Norwich's centre halves will be similarly ineffective.

Guest WashyGeordie

We need to dick these to get some confidence back. A scrappy win is still a win, but I'm not convinced about our direction as a team at the moment. Not expecting or demanding a hammering of course, but we need to show a lot more promise than we have in recent months.

Hopefully Pardew won't make the same mistakes as he did against Wolves. Launching the ball long to Norwich's centre halves will be similarly ineffective.

If we play like we did against sunlan' 2nd half; and that's how we should at home, we will get a good result against these.

But again, it depends what 'team' turns up.

Krul

Santon  Williamson  Colo  Raylor

Ben Arfa  Tiote  Cabaye  Jonas

Ba    Cisse

f***ing attack them

This, if Raylor's available. Fuck them.

Guest andrew

No doubt we'll be planning how to stop Holt and how to play Hatem deeper to stop Pilkington running at Simpson.