Newcastle United vs Norwich - 18/3/12 @4pm (Live on Sky) - Pre-match thread

Stifler

Just got a ticket reet low down in the Gallowgate. Love sitting close to the pitch.

it's a different game from down there. when you sit higher up you slag players off for poor control etc but from pitch level you see how quick it it all is and that poor control was actually bouncing all over the place.

Smells like a draw all the way. Think Norwich will be happy with the draw, they will sit deep and wait for their chances.. We will hoof the ball and hope for Ba or Cisse to score.  I notice when i was at the Sunderland game whenever Tim Krul had the ball 20 people when to the right of the pitch, and Krul tried to hit one of our players in there. Dont understand that tactic, its like watching children play were everyone wants the ball.

Just got a ticket reet low down in the Gallowgate. Love sitting close to the pitch.

it's a different game from down there. when you sit higher up you slag players off for poor control etc but from pitch level you see how quick it it all is and that poor control was actually bouncing all over the place.

I used to sit in the front row. I'd have to re watch the game on match of the day to see what actually happened for 90% of the play. Fun though.

Smells like a draw all the way. Think Norwich will be happy with the draw, they will sit deep and wait for their chances.. We will hoof the ball and hope for Ba or Cisse to score.  I notice when i was at the Sunderland game whenever Tim Krul had the ball 20 people when to the right of the pitch, and Krul tried to hit one of our players in there. Dont understand that tactic, its like watching children play were everyone wants the ball.

If Norwich sit deep then I'd fancy us to play some better football. It's against the teams who pressure us where we resort to the long balls.

I used to sit in the front row. I'd have to re watch the game on match of the day to see what actually happened for 90% of the play. Fun though.

Which is why i hate sitting low down or behind the goal.

I like being side on high up in Level 7 (before they built level 7 i sat in the very back row of the milburn with only exec boxes behind me.) as you can see everything including the touchline on the opposite side of the pitch which you haven't a cat in hells chance of seeing from low down.

One of my season tickets is situated in row JJ and pretty much central in the Gallowgate. Absolutely the most perfect view in the stadium in my view - and not just beacause my name is on the seat. You can see everything and the best action is usually pretty close.

One of my season tickets is situated in row JJ and pretty much central in the Gallowgate. Absolutely the most perfect view in the stadium in my view - and not just beacause my name is on the seat. You can see everything and the best action is usually pretty close.

I'm with you on that. It's about the lowest you can get and still be able to appreciate what's happening at the far end. If i were to get a season ticket again that's where i'd be looking for.

Guest icemanblue

Milburn paddock has an unreal view. High enough up to see the opposite touchline, but close enough that you can still smell the mud and deep heat.

Lee Ryder ‏ @lee_ryder

Danny Simpson and Cheick Tiote the big doubts ahead of Norwich, Ryan Taylor likely to be out #nufc

with that in mind

Krul

Santon  Willo Colo  Fergie

Abeid

Guthrie  Cabaye

HBA                    Jonas

Ba

If Simpson is out, wouldn't mind seeing Santon at RB and Ferguson at LB on Sunday (in fact, I would very much like to see it happen!). If Fergie's having a rough time (I'm sure he'll be fine though), then we can easily bring on Perch for the second half.

Expectation:

Krul

Santon      Willamson Coloccini  Ferguson

Ben Arfa    Cabaye    Guthrie    Jonas

Cisse        Ba

:memeyeah:

Reality:

Krul

Perch    Williamson Coloccini  Santon

Obertan    Cabaye  Guthrie    Jonas

Ameobi    Ba

:okay:

Guest MrSundlofer

I think we will see:

Krul - Perch, Williamson, Coloccini, Santon - Ben Arfa, Cabaye, Guthrie, Gutierrez - Ba, Ameobi.