Newcastle United 1 - 0 Norwich - 18/3/12 - post-match reaction from page 35

Beren

Will take it, I suppose

Just trying to get into Europe and hope Pardew sorts his shit out over the summer at this point, so disjointed on the ball it's frightening at the moment.

Three big points but fuck me. Our football philosophy at the moment is bloody atrocious. Norwich were fucking gash, we could've absolutely caned them. Instead we almost gifted them a draw.

Hopefully that won't paper over any cracks because that second half wasn't good enough from manager or the players.

Just don't understand why we're being instructed to sit back once we've got a decent result. It didn't work against Wolves, it didn't work against Arsenal, and it very nearly didn't work today. It's a complete bullshit gameplan.

That said - first half showed promise and because of that we deserve the three points.

Guest firetotheworks

Probably the worst win I've ever seen from us since errr...Blackburn away, but fuck it, we won. I have absolutely no idea why we can't continue to play football on the floor when it's quite obviously so much more effective than this turgid percentages bullshit.

Glad we got the points, but we really were stupid with the ball at times. Probably one of our worst games for distribution and dealing with pressure at the back when on the ball. There was one moment in the second half that summed it up, where we won back possession with a great tackle and we had runners going forward to hit them on the attack but instead we went back to Krul and promptly hoofed it over to Ruddy. Such a pointless thing. For the last few games I've also thought we have looked very poor attacking set pieces or high balls in the box. Just don't really think Ba is that great at receiving high balls, in particular today.

I can't get over just how appalling Williamson is. The boy is Championship standard at best.

He is having his worst spell of form for us, what is more appalling is that we have nobody else but him to play there for the rest of the season.

We made extremely hard work of it and Norwich really could have got a draw here. A hardworking performance none the less but we need to learn to kill off teams. Norwich are a good team who play good football and I hope they stay up.

Cabaye again didn't do well enough I thought. Perch was decent as the grafter. defence on the whole very solid but just can't keep possession in the middle. MOTM? none struck out. Maybe the whole defence except Williamson who just seems scared of possession. Overall happy as fuck!

Probably the worst win I've ever seen from us since errr...Blackburn away, but fuck it, we won. I have absolutely no idea why we can't continue to play football on the floor when it's quite obviously so much more effective than this turgid percentages bullshit.

Williamson and Simpson. Sure, Santon can't hold his position, but Simpson doesn't do much when he holds his does he?

Nice 1st half, team went to pieces 2nd half for no reason

Mainly two reasons, our stamina all spent on first half, and Norwich gave great pressure to our defenders and force them to clear the ball.  This was the opposite to what we did - we pressed them unbelievably hard for the first half and forced them to hoof the ball.

We didn't use hoof ball tactics. Our players tried very hard not to hoof the ball unless there was no option available.  This should be credited. Well I know no one here would understand this.