Stiliyan Petrov

Acute gets bad quickly, compared to Chronic which is the slower of the two, horrible news :(

Chronic is indeed slower, but is almost always fatal. Acute gets bad quickly, but is quite often (however not always) curable.

This is terrible news, the best of luck to the lad for the fight ahead  :(

I'd like to know if it's myeloid or lymphoid leukaemia, five year survival rates for adults with acute lymphoblastic leukaemia is around 40%. His outcome will be heavily dependent upon his cytogenetic (the state of the chromosomes in the leukaemic cells) profile. There are some abnormalities which are indicators of good survival and others which are the opposite, the problem with the adult form of the disease is that it’s more often the poorer genetic abnormalities which are prevalent.

Good luck to him, obviously there are multiple different kinds, so hopefully it's very treatable. My friend was diagnosed a few years ago and has made a full recovery now, but I do know that the survival rate is better for youths.

Fucking hell. I feel so bad for him.

A few months ago one of my dads friends thought he had it, luckily he didn't but if you do have it and the older you are the less chance of pulling through you have and it is a very very tough battle. I hope Petrov is one of the ones who does manage to pull through.

Good luck to him, obviously there are multiple different kinds, so hopefully it's very treatable. My friend was diagnosed a few years ago and has made a full recovery now, but I do know that the survival rate is better for youths.

Yeah, it's actually found more in younger people but they do stand a hell of a better chance than an adult. Basically it results in bone marrow transplants and all sorts.

I really wish him the best.

Terrible news. Hope he makes a full recovery.

Wish SSN would piss off with their dramatic reporting of it though. Especially that nugget Jim White.

Taking a leaf out of Fox's book by just throwing it down your face and making a story out of it and forgetting about the humanity involved in the situation.

Wish SSN would p*ss off with their dramatic reporting of it though. Especially that nugget Jim White.

Taking a leaf out of Fox's book by just throwing it down your face and making a story out of it and forgetting about the humanity involved in the situation.

One thing that particularly pissed me off is when he said (shouted) ' Our sources are telling us that Aston Villa's game against Chelsea tomorrow is ON!'.

Wish SSN would p*ss off with their dramatic reporting of it though. Especially that nugget Jim White.

One thing that particularly pissed me off is when he said (shouted) ' Our sources are telling us that Aston Villa's game against Chelsea tomorrow is ON!'.

Jim White always shouts. I don't know why people think he's a good presenter, he tries to dramatise situations by shouting, same on transfer deadline day when nothings happening. He starts shouting "And now to such and such to see whats developing there". He's bad at presenting programmes and if he insists on dramatising something as serious as this then he mustn't have any sense of empathy.

Don't mind so much with Transfer Day as it's a bit of a laugh really. A novelty, even.

Something like this however demands a much more subtle, respectable tone. Of which Jim White has very little.