Newcastle United 2 - 0 Liverpool - 01/04/12 - post-match reaction from page 45

Dave

If it wasn't Liverpool I think I'd feel sorry for them. They had no luck, they're not dirty or cynical like some teams - but hey they're Liverpool and we owe them some payback over the last couple of decades. They do look a bit of a shambles and their financials must be plain scary.

Anyway another excellent performance, special mentions for Perch (again) and Williamson, not many would have backed them for a clean sheet against Carroll, Suarez, Bellers, Gerrard et al.

We have a totally commited squad, we have some very good players and we have a world class player who can win any match.

We're in pretty decent shape overall and a sensible summer of recruitment and retention will place us nicely to kick on as those clubs who have not been intelligent with their finances start to feel the strain. I've got a feeling Slimboy Ashley really enjoyed yesterday.

If it wasn't Liverpool I think I'd feel sorry for them. They had no luck, they're not dirty or cynical like some teams - but hey they're Liverpool and we owe them some payback over the last couple of decades. They do look a bit of a shambles and their financials must be plain scary.

They cheat, all the time.

Decisions went our way; but they set the tone when their main man decided to cheat rather than score in the first few minutes. Couldn't give one tiny little shit about getting a bit lucky at points yesterday (Simpson handball, Cisse second goal). In this case, it makes it all the more sweeter. They're a fucking despicable, rotten, racist club and it's absolutely marvellous. Best win of the season.

I think we could've beaten anyone yesterday. Played well and got the decisions.

All this talk from the media about "Why didn't he score instead of going down?", it's very obvious why Carroll did what he did.

He expected contact and went down instinctively - it's the modern mentality. Unfortunately for him, it's still cheating and he got a massive egg on his face.

Call me cynical, but I think it's more than that.

He's hot headed and he's still very young. He was being abused by Newcastle fans every time he touched the ball and things weren't going his way, so he tried to get his own back.

A pen/goal and a goalkeeper sent off (i.e. game ruined) is much better than a 1-0 lead, so he fell.

He's hot headed and he's still very young. He was being abused by Newcastle fans every time he touched the ball and things weren't going his way, so he tried to get his own back.

A pen/goal and a goalkeeper sent off (i.e. game ruined) is much better than a 1-0 lead, so he fell.

It's like he thought "Right, I'm the villain eh? I'll show them a villain..." but then blew his foot off with his own death-ray.

Nah, i wouldn't go along with that. He'd achieved that if he'd kicked it in the goal, not by letting one of his team-mates have the opportunity to score. He expected contact and went down instinctively.

On a similar note - what on earth was Krul doing when he pulled away? It turned out okay because the great jessie threw himself to the ground, but against anyone normal, we'd have conceded there. Loved it when he went right up in Carroll's grill, mind.

Genuinely don't think Carroll is capable of thinking quick enough for it to have been that, let alone thinking of that when the opportunity arose and then being able to transform those thoughts into action.

It would explain the poor quality of dive though :laugh:

But, no, not that for me. Just no confidence on his right foot, or conviction in his play generally.

Nah, i wouldn't go along with that. He'd achieved that if he'd kicked it in the goal, not by letting one of his team-mates have the opportunity to score. He expected contact and went down instinctively.

On a similar note - what on earth was Krul doing when he pulled away? It turned out okay because the great jessie threw himself to the ground, but against anyone normal, we'd have conceded there. Loved it when he went right up in Carroll's grill, mind.

Krul might have been sent off if he did make contact, he was right to pull out, it was top goal-keeping from him and it would have been the same if Carroll had gone on to score.

Because he knew what Carroll was going to do? Krul wanted to emphasise that there was no contract made.

Krul might have been sent off if he did make contact, he was right to pull out, it was top goal-keeping from him and it would have been the same if Carroll had gone on to score.

Fair enough.

Will the FA extend Reina's ban to more than 3 games for violent conduct for trying to get at Perch after being dismissed and his blatant "i'm going to get you afterwards" gestures as he was being restrained.

It was positively Sunday League stuff by the Spanish stopper.

Guest johnson293

86 minutes-ish, taking the piss and playing 3 feet passes at the back.  Brilliant.

Just needed someone to (literally) sit on the ball, tbh.