Swansea City 0 - 2 Newcastle United - 06/04/12 - post-match reaction from pg 39

Dave

We're all complaining at this slow-as-fuck game, but they're going to be fresh as a daisy for Bolton.

Wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if this is Pardew's thought process today.

Thing is, I've really enjoyed watching Swansea in the neutral games I've seen them in this season - but in the two against us they have been turgid.

Absolutely the same.

That possession stat ;D our game plan has went well so ar, but its such a joy to watch swansea pass it (normally). I really enjoy them. I think theyll get the goal but we'll also get one on the counter.

Nice gary speed chants near the end, there.

To be frank, Swansea has done an excellent job in winning the ball in our half. 3-4 players on our ball carrier instantly. We could do better of course, but Swansea is doing a hell of a job denying us any play whatsoever. Swansealona indeed.

Thank god we have Cisse.

When was the last time we had more than three players in their half? This is rubbish from us, imo. We cannot do this for 45 more minutes.

Or the last time we strung more than 5 passes together, etc etc etc. Every single long-ish pass we've tried this half has amounted to nothing but giving the ball back to them.

we are trying to hit them on the counter but they always seem to go for the simple ball which draws very few errors when we finally get the ball its either passed sloppy and given straight back or they go tight 2/3 to a player and we seem to panic and have few options passing wise on attack with so many back their defending.

We're all complaining at this slow-as-fuck game, but they're going to be fresh as a daisy for Bolton.

Wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if this is Pardew's thought process today.

Chasing the ball back is hard work too, you know.

Guest guinness_fiend

I cannot be bothered to read the rest of the thread but surely no-one can be complaining about the possession stats. 

Swansea typically have between 60 and 75 percent of possession during home games especially and I think that we have soaked it up quite well.  They haven't exactly looked threatening near the box up to now and they can have 95% of the possession in the middle of the park and in their own defensive third for all I care.  We're still one up and I think we've both had 2 shots each on target up to now.

From Swansea board:

What a boring side Newcastle are, 11 men behind the ball with no sign of them wanting to do anything with the ball when they get it
  :lol:

:lol: Sewelly is everywhere.

Chasing the ball back is hard work too, you know.

Absolutely, but we're not actually doing that much chasing.

It's a really, really boring game but you know what? We're in the lead, and we're 5th as it stands. 5th! I'd take another half of this without a doubt. Swansea are so slow in possession as well, it's not like they're tiring us out.