Swansea City 0 - 2 Newcastle United - 06/04/12 - post-match reaction from pg 39

Dave

Guest andrew

i'd hate to play completely like swansea. they pass round the back just because they can, they never mix it up even slightly and are extremely inefficient going forward. hope their bubble bursts next year and the cunts are back in the fizzy pop league.

Not pretty but they are trying so hard to keep the ball its backwards so much its killing the game. We are in no hurry to press on the edge of their 18 and to be honest we have no need, its just frustrating to watch.

Hard for Benny & Cabaye to create when we don't have the ball BUT what about Cisses work rate oh man, every game there is more and more to love about him.

Ba has been very poor in possession. Was untouchable when on the ball earlier in the season - maybe it's fatigue catching up with him. Would rest him next game, myself.

That possession stat ;D our game plan has went well so ar, but its such a joy to watch swansea pass it (normally). I really enjoy them. I think theyll get the goal but we'll also get one on the counter.

Nice gary speed chants near the end, there.

What's to enjoy about it? It's seriously dull football. It's as if they're terrified to gamble on anything going forward.

We're struggling to get and keep hold of the ball, and no-one is struggling more than Ba. He's had to switch positions with Cisse, and whilst that means he's not having to do so much defending (where he's off the pace), it reduces our chances of getting another goal. You really have to question what he's offering us at the moment, with this system.

swansea are fuckin boring.

agreed. its not nice watching them pass it at the back. All this Barcelona talk is fucking shite. they have no objective with their game.

People are complaining? Swansea dont look like.scoring at all. Let them have the ball 40 yards out. Be patient and wait for opportunities on the break, they will come

We're all complaining at this slow-as-f*** game, but they're going to be fresh as a daisy for Bolton.

Wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if this is Pardew's thought process today.

Chasing the ball back is hard work too, you know.

We've largely stood off though. We haven't been legging it around the pitch at all. Kept great shape rather than really trying to win the ball.

From Swansea board:

What a boring side Newcastle are, 11 men behind the ball with no sign of them wanting to do anything with the ball when they get it
  :lol:

:lol: Sewelly is everywhere.

Obviously they've forgotten their performance up here.

Guest VegasToon

Honestly this is what I expected.  Most of us would have been delighted with a draw against Swansea.  They have the possession but haven't had any constant pressure on our goal.  If they want to keep passing the ball between their back line, let them.  We are winning the only stat that matters.

Have a feeling we will go after them in the 2nd half.

swansea are fuckin boring.

agreed. its not nice watching them pass it at the back. All this Barcelona talk is fucking shite. they have no objective with their game.

They're just like Barcelona, only without five or six of the most incisive attacking players in world football. :lol: