Newcastle United vs. Bolton Wanderers 09/04/2012 @3PM

TheGuv

Abeid's performance against Blackburn was encouraging, not sure whether I'd start him in this game.

Assuming Tiote, Guthrie and Cabaye are out I'd play a central three of Gosling, Gutierrez and Vuckic - if Coloccini is fit to play then I'd play a central three of Gosling, Gutierrez and Perch.

Abeid's performance against Blackburn was encouraging, not sure whether I'd start him in this game.

Assuming Tiote, Guthrie and Cabaye are out I'd play a central three of Gosling, Gutierrez and Vuckic - if Coloccini is fit to play then I'd play a central three of Gosling, Gutierrez and Perch.

Isn't Vuckic injured?

If we get a goal in the first 15mins I hope we don't sit back like we did against Norwich.

I don't think we will. That game was about getting the result more than a performance to match. The team has a whole new level of confidence compared to back then, so think if we do score within the first 15 we'd look to get a few more.

Abeid in the centre for me, Gosling not good enough for that I don't think, Abeid looked good I thought in Blackburn game in cup at home. Hope Cabaye pulls through else that centre looks weak as f*** apart from Jonas. Would prefer maybe Ferguson slotting in to Gosling also

You'd prefer Ferguson to play in a central midfield three rather than Gosling?!

Yip, every time I have seen gosling he looks slow and lethargic and ball control is shoddy, Ferguson always looks tidy on ball, quick and hard working

But centrally?!

Ferguson had a good game playing in a central three at Stamford Bridge in the league last season tbf. Our front six was:

Gutierrez  R.Taylor  Barton  Ferguson  Lovenkrands

Shola

:lol:

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Ferguson had a good game playing in a central three at Stamford Bridge in the league last season tbf. Our front six was:

Gutierrez  R.Taylor  Barton  Ferguson  Lovenkrands

Shola

:lol:

Nah. He played out wide. Lovenkrands wide right and Jonas off Shola. Mental we got a point that day :lol:

Thought he was LB?  Jonas off Shola was the league game

Oh wait, you're talking about the league game  :doh:

Was Ferguson left back in the cup game then?  Struggling to remember now.

Just processing our other midfield options and came to the conclusion we could really do with Cabaye being fit.

Our arguably best midfielder? You don't say? :lol:

Tiote, tbh.

I thought Tiote was useless against teams not in the top six in your opinion?  Although I suppose our new formation may change things a bit.

He was definitely Left-back that day

As far as Abied goes i saw him in that Blackburn game and he looked fine, nothing special but kept coming for the ball and passed it well, he was made better by the shocking Blackburn side that turned up that day.

Just processing our other midfield options and came to the conclusion we could really do with Cabaye being fit.

Our arguably best midfielder? You don't say? :lol:

Tiote, tbh.

I thought Tiote was useless against teams not in the top six in your opinion?  Although I suppose our new formation may change things a bit.

At home he's not the same player against such teams. That still leaves 25 games where he's one of the first names on our teamsheet.

Probably agree that Tiote is better than Cabaye, but Yohan isn't far off.

totally differing roles in the team, like comparing a centre half and a full back., however we'd be better off with two cabayes in the middle than two tiotes.

Probably agree that Tiote is better than Cabaye, but Yohan isn't far off.

totally differing roles in the team, like comparing a centre half and a full back., however we'd be better off with two cabayes in the middle than two tiotes.

Aye :thup: