Will we qualify for the Champions League? Sadly not...

Rich

I'd go with that prediction too. Its really spurs' to lose and given their fixtures I can't see them dropping points in more than 1 game.

Thats the thing though, spuds have won 1 of their last 9. How are they gonna win 4 or 5 from their nxt 5?

Who need to win and who need to lose (Cup) in order for us to go to Europe? (that is if we do not get 3rd or 4th place).

..And by when do we know if we are guaranteed Europa League?

Voted yes. Why the hell not? We're in form and flying, have two of the leagues finest goalscorers up front alongside one of the most talented players many of us have ever seen. Our defence is solid and in a great run of form after a mini-wobble and our midfield is tough as nails. And if we don't get there, then so fuck, we've had one hell of a season and Europa League football next year sounds fantastic. It's a crazy situation to be in.

we need to win the next 2

then not lose at Chelsea

then hope Man City have nothing to play for and field a team of youths

that takes it down to the last day

Man C will have nowt to play for and won't want to b on the pitch is my best guess.

Who need to win and who need to lose (Cup) in order for us to go to Europe? (that is if we do not get 3rd or 4th place).

Liverpool beating Everton in the cup on Saturday should pretty much guarantee us Europa League

Look at us, look at us, we're in with a shout of qualifying for the Champions League.

Pathetic.

Europa League for me like.

Bitch, please.

Inter Two Bob, here we come!

If things continue as they are Inter wont even be in europe lol.

Guest Wally_McFool

i've said for weeks that we'll miss out on everything, we'll finish 6th which nobody would have dreamt about at the start of the season but sadly Everton will get to the cup final and deny us.

This would not surprise me but it if we do miss out on European football, it will be a complete injustice.

Liverpool beating Everton in the cup on Saturday should pretty much guarantee us Europa League

Thanks  :thup:

I can't see us doing it. I think it's going to rely on how Spurs play and despite their horrific run of form they have at least 5 very winnable games in my opinion. I doubt we can match their amount of wins having Man City, Chelsea and Everton to play. I do think we'll finish ahead of Chelsea, mind. They should lose to a fast Arsenal side at home and, be put out of the CL by Barca and then we can finish them off at Stanford Bridge.

It would be a dream season to qualify for the Champions League, proper fairy tale stuff. I remember the low of that Villa game when we went down. For the few years before that it never felt like we were on track to achieve anything after the unfair sacking of Sir Bobby. There was a moment when Keegan took over that looked promising, but that was crushed by foolish decisions of Ashley and co. The Championship season was much more pleasant than expected, mainly because we were winning but also because Chris Hughton brought some dignity and passion back to the club. When he was sacked I thought it was another own goal by Ashley, and perhaps another with Pardew's appointment and further one with the Carroll sale. How much credit Ashley can take for that twist with Pardew and Carroll I'm not certain, but it certainly seems the club has played it's cards perfectly since then and we find ourselves with a great set of young players who are talented and hungry. Cisse, Ba and Ben Arfa are scaring defences shit less, let alone the sterling efforts of Jonas, Cabaye, Tiote, Coloccini and Krul keeping us picking up points when others thought we wouldn't.

I think we have a brilliant chance to do get Champions League this year, and as Pardew put it himself... the momentum is with us. Chelsea and Spurs are stuttering. I think it's likely to come down to goal difference which will be painful to take, but regardless I'd still be amazed at what we have achieved even if it's 6th or 5th given how we got here. We didn't blow £100m like Liverpool, we were sensible and built on strong foundations. The key thing I want to see is where this team goes. Even with Champions League football I can't see us splashing out foolishly, but it will give us bigger options to consider. If we keep this mentality of investing in young bright talents like Ben Arfa it could see us become a very exciting side for a number of years.

So realistically I see us just missing out, but I wouldn't let that tarnish what a fantastic season it's been. It's brought so much joy. A few Spurs friends of mine all said today they felt that we will snatch a top 4 spot off them and that they wouldn't be too upset as they felt we deserved it given how we have played this year. Every football fan I know raves about Cisse, many can't believe you can find players of that quality for such small amounts of money by today's standards of transfers.

If we finish 4th and Chelsea win the CL we don't go into CL do we, it'll be the europa league, so if Chelsea do beat Barca, then we might well be looking at catching Arsenal for 3rd if we want CL football.

Great optimistic post, unfortunately I'm the eternal pessimist so I see us finishing 6th and Everton making the FA cup final, so no europe for us. I bloody hope the gods go with you vision and not mine.

It's annoying because I believe that we can beat absolutely anyone in the league at the moment. So by that logic, yes, I do think we will qualify. But surely not? We don't look like dropping a point right now, so it depends on whether we can keep our nerve after this break and pick up six points against Stoke and Wigan. If we do that, i'll be very confident.

we need to win the next 2

then not lose at Chelsea

then hope Man City have nothing to play for and field a team of youths

that takes it down to the last day

This.

And it makes our chances to get CL football about the same as our votes in this poll. 25% chance to get CL football. And thats pretty fucking amazing :-) !

Brilliant opening post Rich. I'm generally very optimistic, but voted No as my head says we will finish 5th and miss out on CL Football, but my heart says we will finish 4th and get into qualifying.  I'm happy either way, chuffed to bits if we make CL mind you.

I think the pressure is really all on your Chelsea, Arse and Tottenham to get it where we are quietly dreaming and just performing at the right time.  Bring it on, and I 100% hope my head is f***ing wrong and we do get CL football.

Funny, I voted No. Read your post, now I want to change my vote and say YES.

Guest BenArfaKedavra

I think we'll take 3rd. Wolves will beat arsenal tomorrow and then they will bottle it like the others.

We won't get 4th but we're gonna take it all the way to the end. Actually, I think we'll scrape 5th, which would be phenomenal. Can certainly see us beating Man City too.

At work they let me listen to talksport, podcasts etc. and it's been an absolute pleasure listening to them all today. A lot of pundits think we'll get 4th, we've been given overwhelming praise from just about every corner. And it isn't patronising anymore :) What a season!