Will we qualify for the Champions League? Sadly not...

Rich

Voted no. We've got an outside chance, but I don't think we'll overtake Spurs. Their form has been crap but their run-in is the easiest of any of the contenders. I think we'll drop more points than they do.

We've got a better chance of besting Chelsea, though. And that would be sweet. Insh'allah.

Guest diddimz

Would be surreal if we did, though we still haven't been tested yet, a few injuries to our squad and we will fall away.

Or something like that

It's worth mentioning again just to remind ourselves of where we are right now - 5 games to go in a full season and we are neck and neck fighting for a CL position with teams which are probably amongst the biggest spenders in the world while we've been relying on championship cast-off's like Williamson, Simpson and Perch starting games at the crunch end of the season. Take away City's and Chelsea's unreal spending power and in reality we'd be CL certs already in a fair world. Amazing.

I still think we'll finish 6th; whether that will be enough to get into Europe is sadly out of our hands. Whilst we are undoubtedly the form side on paper, I just see us dropping points at the most vital times such as the upcoming Stoke game which is a massive banana skin IMO. We have to go to Chelsea and we're never any good there. We've also not got the experience of closing this out like the others do. Although that could easily count in our favour I suppose - the pressure on us to qualify is far lower than it is on Spurs or Chelsea.

Whatever happens though, it's been a staggeringly good season, and as others have said it's little short of a miracle that we're even having this discussion with just five games to go. Brilliant stuff.

I still think we'll finish 6th; whether that will be enough to get into Europe is sadly out of our hands. Whilst we are undoubtedly the form side on paper, I just see us dropping points at the most vital times such as the upcoming Stoke game which is a massive banana skin IMO. We have to go to Chelsea and we're never any good there. We've also not got the experience of closing this out like the others do. Although that could easily count in our favour I suppose - the pressure on us to qualify is far lower than it is on Spurs or Chelsea.

Whatever happens though, it's been a staggeringly good season, and as others have said it's little short of a miracle that we're even having this discussion with just five games to go. Brilliant stuff.

Yeah but it's easy to think every game vs a weaker side is a banana skin when you're so close.

We never do any good at Chelsea? Personally I don't buy the whole past results nonence, it depends on how good you are. We have a team playing better than Chelsea.

Yeah but it's easy to think every game vs a weaker side is a banana skin when you're so close.

We never do any good at Chelsea? Personally I don't buy the whole past results nonence, it depends on how good you are. We have a team playing better than Chelsea.

Hope you're right. Doesn't change my opinion though. 6th will still be a fantastic result and whilst I can appreciate the optimism of some I don't really want to get to the end of the season thinking 'what if?' or feeling disappointed in any way. We're definitely capable of grabbing 4th spot, I just don't believe we will. I'm happy enough to just go along with each match at a time and see what happens.

If we got Champions League we'd be way ahead of schedule, if there even was a schedule.

Chances are our squad will still be filled with players from the Championship season, I'd worry we'd get shown up in all honesty. The cash injection and prestige is just too good to turn down though, very much a 'foot in the door' opportunity and maybe the only chance we'll get for the next decade.

Hope you're right. Doesn't change my opinion though. 6th will still be a fantastic result and whilst I can appreciate the optimism of some I don't really want to get to the end of the season thinking 'what if?' or feeling disappointed in any way. We're definitely capable of grabbing 4th spot, I just don't believe we will. I'm happy enough to just go along with each match at a time and see what happens.

I think we'll finish 6th aswell.

I will be disappointed if we don't, but to have a chance is worth feeling like that.

If we got Champions League we'd be way ahead of schedule, if there even was a schedule.

Chances are our squad will still be filled with players from the Championship season, I'd worry we'd get shown up in all honesty. The cash injection and prestige is just too good to turn down though, very much a 'foot in the door' opportunity and maybe the only chance we'll get for the next decade.

Chelsea are in the semis. Apoel reached the quarters :lol: