Will we qualify for the Champions League? Sadly not...

Rich

For what it's worth, I'm absolutely delighted at the style of replies to this, even considering the vast majority aren't in agreeance with me. You bunch of fucking beauties.

I've particularly liked the "it's still been a great season regardless" mentality, because whatever happens it really fucking has. Fourth is an outlandish dream-like finish, but fifth is still monumental given our transition before a ball had been kicked this season. Although I'm loathe to consider finishing below Chelsea because I just really can't see it, sixth would still be outstanding as well if it came with Europa League qualification. :thup:

The point about the pressure piling down upon us given the extra media attention and the realisation that we are a legitimate threat to the top four is an extremely valid one too. I reckon the role of expectation in football is a massive and underappreciated phenomenon and perhaps after the results this weekend we've tipped over the edge into the realms of belief. This thread could be proof of exactly that. :dontknow:

The last one from Colo about being the "chasers rather than the chased" = :thup: too.

Even those refusing to make a judgement either way, I can fully understand. It's nice just to enjoy the ride sometimes, but I was fit to burst after yesterday and had to let it out. We're still a long, long way from this being over and there are undoubtedly a lot of twists and turns to come. However, IF we can take care of our own business in an even remotely realistic fashion - say 7-10 points from the remaining games - then I do honestly believe the other two teams in it won't get enough to topple us. Chelsea regardless and Spurs IF they have an FA Cup Final to think about, I freely admit that the chances are greatly reduced if fourth is all they have to go for, especially when considering the goal difference.

This weekend is fucking massive, basically, even though we aren't playing.

Hope you bloody well do. See little reason you can't keep your momentum going really and continue to take advantage of Tottenham and Chelsea's collapses/general shitness.

Fwiw, think you've got a much better chance of beating Man City than you do us. Mainly because our attitude is rarely pathetic, unlike Noel Gallagher's High Flying Twats.

Look at you get a few wins under your belt and you think your unbeatable  :huff:

:troll:

It's post-January, we are.

Except when playing Liverpool. Which is handy for you.

Don't think we will. Got a horrible feeling we'll finish 6th and miss out to Everton.

This doesn't mean we've failed or there should be any disappointment though. 7th would have been a superb season, 6th is unbelievable. Any higher than that is beyond what anyone would have predicted.

WUM attempt or have you not seen the recent table? They're 12 points behind us with 15 max to go.

I voted yes though for the craic, I see no reason why not after last night.

:lol: He means they'll qualify through the cup, leaving us, in sixth, empty handed.

:lol:

Fair enough. brain fart mement.

Sorry Midds :aww:

Think it'll end:

3rd - Arsenal

4th - Spurs

5th - Newcastle

6th - Chelsea

If we beat Wigan, I might revise that^ though. I think we'll do fine in our "hard last three". Think we'll win both our remaining home games. The last home game with a great deal more comfort than Stoke, in fact. It's Wigan I fear - not even kidding :lol:

If we win our next two games my arse will be nipping. Because champions leage football will most likely be in our hands.

As others have said, whatever happens now it's been a fantastic season. The best for a decade, but in some ways feels even better due to it's unexpected nature. We've been written off for about 8 months now and we just keep proving people wrong. :lol:

Europa league will do me, be it 5th place or 6th. I just refuse to get carried away. :D

I think we have a 50/50 chance tbh. While it seems unreal that we are even contemplating it, we have two things going for us which might just swing it:

1) Momentum

2) no pressure

Spurs and Chelsea will be fretting over the prospect of losing that CL slot after more or less taking it for granted for most of the season and having become used to competing in it year after year. For us even being in the running is a bonus so we should be able to have a good go without worrying too much about what we might miss out on. We are in a great position to steal it at the death IMO. Still a tall order but I think Spurs and Chelsea will be watching our results with real concern in the coming games.

I think we have a 50/50 chance tbh. While it seems unreal that we are even contemplating it, we have two things going for us which might just swing it:

1) Momentum

2) no pressure

Spurs and Chelsea will be fretting over the prospect of losing that CL slot after more or less taking it for granted for most of the season and having become used to competing in it year after year. For us even being in the running is a bonus so we should be able to have a good go without worrying too much about what we might miss out on. We are in a great position to steal it at the death IMO. Still a tall order but I think Spurs and Chelsea will be watching our results with real concern in the coming games.

Personally I think Spurs are already fucked and Chelsea have a lot of iffy games. We might never get this chance again...We have to just go for it.

The fact that this thread even exists is amazing.

f***ing love Rich me like.

Look at us, look at us, we're in with a shout of qualifying for the Champions League.

Pathetic.

:clap:

Think it'll end:

3rd - Arsenal

4th - Spurs

5th - Newcastle

6th - Chelsea

If we beat Wigan, I might revise that^ though. I think we'll do fine in our "hard last three". Think we'll win both our remaining home games. The last home game with a great deal more comfort than Stoke, in fact. It's Wigan I fear - not even kidding :lol:

I'd go with that prediction too. Its really spurs' to lose and given their fixtures I can't see them dropping points in more than 1 game.

Whatever its fantastic to be involved in the race, and finally getting some recognition from pundits and the media that we're not that bad. We've finally got the excitment back that we've not had since the SBR days. Long may it continue  :thup:

i've said for weeks that we'll miss out on everything, we'll finish 6th which nobody would have dreamt about at the start of the season but sadly Everton will get to the cup final and deny us.  Although its exciting and we are on a run i'm remaining a miserable b****** as i know if i start to get excited and think of europe it'll all crash down so better to expect the worst and not be disappointed lol

Although in a weird way i think should Liverpool win the semi then it could actually help us in going for the Champions league, we'd have Europa league guaranteed which would be a massive achievement and with that in the bag we can go all out with zero pressure on ourselves, unlike the others and just play our game and see where it takes us.

Guest BooBoo

Look at us, look at us, we're in with a shout of qualifying for the Champions League.

Pathetic.

Europa League for me like.

Bitch, please.

Inter Two Bob, here we come!