Newcastle United 3 - 0 Stoke - 21/04/12 - post-match reaction from page 34

Beren

Can't believe I'm missing out on this whole thing, typical that I choose our best season in years to go pissing around Asia. :lol:

Sounds like we raped the shit out of them from the match report and comments on here.

Fantastic, and Spurs losing is the icing on the cake.

I think he meant the defending from his side for the goals.

I guess there's no such thing as an undefendable goal, but I can't see that their defenders did much wrong for all three.

With the first, the full back was in the right position, but Ben Arfa produced a sudden burst into space that couldn't have been read from his body language. The cross was absolute precision.

The second was an accurate, brilliantly weighted pass into an area that the defenders couldn't have anticipated. Cisse read it that bit earlier. Again, you couldn't say the defenders were out of position.

The third went in because Cabaye produced an accurate, first-time shot from a situation where most players would have simply lacked the technique or imagination to even try.

They could have been goals against any defence. Pulis is talking crap.

I think he meant the defending from his side for the goals.

I guess there's no such thing as an undefendable goal, but I can't see that their defenders did much wrong for all three.

With the first, the full back was in the right position, but Ben Arfa produced a sudden burst into space that couldn't have been read from his body language. The cross was absolute precision.

The second was an accurate, brilliantly weighted pass into an area that the defenders couldn't have anticipated. Cisse read it that bit earlier. Again, you couldn't say the defenders were out of position.

The third went in because Cabaye produced an accurate, first-time shot from a situation where most players would have simply lacked the technique or imagination to even try.

They could have been goals against any defence. Pulis is talking crap.

Exactly :thup:

Shearer brought that on himself tbf. Can't believe he would have spent all that money on those players. What the hell would he have been thinking? :rant:

:lol: Aye, fuck you fictional future Shearer!

Shearer brought that on himself tbf. Can't believe he would have spent all that money on those players. What the hell would he have been thinking? :rant:

:lol:

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

Yesterday was one of the most satisfying games I've been to for years, we were brilliant and did exactly what we had to.  Our movement and passing were brilliant at times and we controlled the game better than we have for a long time.  I don't think it mattered that we were playing Stoke as I think we could have controlled the game against any team in the league.  The players could have easily taken it easy at this time of year thinking we'd exceeded everyone’s expectations, they could have assumed that we'd already qualified for the Europa as they had virtually done it.  We'd qualified bar being mathematically certain so switching off or playing the game out for a point would have been easy.

Instead of that every single player turned up and played at least as well as they have all season, for me though we played better as a team.  Yesterday was as good as we've been when you put it into context and I haven't felt as comfortable for years.  I was in awe of some of the play we were able to watch from our players, both as a team and individually, I'm struggling to put it into words. 

I was a bit like a kid at Christmas for most of the game, everything which happened only happened because we allowed it to. 

Yesterday has got to be one of the best games I've seen in recent times, the quality of the players, the team work and work rate and the display was just magical, long may it continue.  :smitten:

Look at me, look at me, I have Tapatalk 2...

Pathetic.

On the way up to the game yesterday we stopped at the northbound M1 Woodhall services south of Sheffield for breakfast. I was bowled over by the amount of our fans we bumped into. Black and white shirts everywhere. It was the same on the way back stopping at Wetherby services. I have not seen it like that since the best Keegan years. We will need a bigger ground if everyone wants to start turning up together again.

Tony Pulis, Peter Crouch, Stanley Matthews, the British pottery industry, Slash, Robbie f***ing Williams, the river Trent...your boys just took one hell of a beating.

Point of order: Robbie williams is a big Port Vale fan, replace him with Josiah Wedgwood and it will be ok.

Tony Pulis, Peter Crouch, Stanley Matthews, the British pottery industry, Slash, Robbie f***ing Williams, the river Trent...your boys just took one hell of a beating.

Point of order: Robbie williams is a big Port Vale fan, replace him with Josiah Wedgwood and it will be ok.

Was just about to post that. :thup:

Look at me, look at me, I have Tapatalk 2...

Pathetic.

Yeah, I need to learn how to turn that off...

http://chiefdelilah.wordpress.com/2012/04/22/the-top-5-conclusions-from-newcastle-3-0-stoke-city-210412/

5)  Has any team this season had us so comprehensively sussed as Newcastle? They have put six goals past us this term, more than any other team we’ve played, in completing the simplest of doubles. While it’s true that Stoke were dreadful on Saturday, Alan Pardew seemed to know which areas of our team to target – namely the full backs – while keeping our dangermen neutralised, in particular ensuring that the supply line to Crouch was starved and that we wasn’t given any time on the ball. Moreover, I can’t recall any team dealing as easily with our set piece threat than the Magpies over the two games, with Pardew evidently spending a lot of time watching us and then more on the training ground drilling his team in the art of defending them.

Alan Carr’s dad gets a lot of the credit for scouting and bringing in the foreign talent that has transformed Newcastle into Champions League contenders, but Pardew is the one who has successfully moulded them into such a competitive unit, no mean feat given the rebuilding job he was tasked with in the summer after losing the likes of Enrique, Nolan and Barton. Not only has he utilised the gifted likes of Cabaye, Tiote, Cisse, Ba, Ben Arfa and Krul, but he’s also got important contributions of out of jobbing pros like Leon Best, Shola Ameobi, Ryan Taylor and Danny Guthrie. His Newcastle team is deceptively tough – yes they have plenty of pace and guile but in every department there’s at least one pretty robust bruiser and that – and the spirit that Pardew has engendered – has been an underrated factor in their ascent. It’s quite the reinvention for the man who came across as Charlton boss as a pitiful pipsqueak who squandered a fortune and cried warm, salty tears about long balls and playing surfaces and how the nasty bigger boys kicked sand in his face.

Of course, we shouldn’t go overboard. Newcastle are a big club and it would be naïve to suggest that their name and history played no part in attracting the players they’ve been able to attract, while Pardew himself has endured as many misses as hits in his managerial career to date. He’s still a pretty darn unlikeable character too, as his antics in the Tyne-Wear derby showed. But it will be a travesty if anyone else is named manager of the season, and in marrying brawn with craft and finding a place for not one but two ruthless finishers, we could do a lot worse than stealing a few pages from Pardew’s Newcastle playbook.

http://chiefdelilah.wordpress.com/2012/04/22/the-top-5-conclusions-from-newcastle-3-0-stoke-city-210412/

5)  Has any team this season had us so comprehensively sussed as Newcastle? They have put six goals past us this term, more than any other team we’ve played, in completing the simplest of doubles. While it’s true that Stoke were dreadful on Saturday, Alan Pardew seemed to know which areas of our team to target – namely the full backs – while keeping our dangermen neutralised, in particular ensuring that the supply line to Crouch was starved and that we wasn’t given any time on the ball. Moreover, I can’t recall any team dealing as easily with our set piece threat than the Magpies over the two games, with Pardew evidently spending a lot of time watching us and then more on the training ground drilling his team in the art of defending them.

Alan Carr’s dad gets a lot of the credit for scouting and bringing in the foreign talent that has transformed Newcastle into Champions League contenders, but Pardew is the one who has successfully moulded them into such a competitive unit, no mean feat given the rebuilding job he was tasked with in the summer after losing the likes of Enrique, Nolan and Barton. Not only has he utilised the gifted likes of Cabaye, Tiote, Cisse, Ba, Ben Arfa and Krul, but he’s also got important contributions of out of jobbing pros like Leon Best, Shola Ameobi, Ryan Taylor and Danny Guthrie. His Newcastle team is deceptively tough – yes they have plenty of pace and guile but in every department there’s at least one pretty robust bruiser and that – and the spirit that Pardew has engendered – has been an underrated factor in their ascent. It’s quite the reinvention for the man who came across as Charlton boss as a pitiful pipsqueak who squandered a fortune and cried warm, salty tears about long balls and playing surfaces and how the nasty bigger boys kicked sand in his face.

Of course, we shouldn’t go overboard. Newcastle are a big club and it would be naïve to suggest that their name and history played no part in attracting the players they’ve been able to attract, while Pardew himself has endured as many misses as hits in his managerial career to date. He’s still a pretty darn unlikeable character too, as his antics in the Tyne-Wear derby showed. But it will be a travesty if anyone else is named manager of the season, and in marrying brawn with craft and finding a place for not one but two ruthless finishers, we could do a lot worse than stealing a few pages from Pardew’s Newcastle playbook.

Very balanced view that.